Share the Key to Academic Success.
There's no subject material, in school or beyond, that doesn't call upon reading or critical thinking. With performance-based testing required in schools nationwide, skilled Reading Specialists are in constant demand. Learn from a leader in teacher education for more than 44 years. Benedictine's online Master of Education in Reading and Literacy program helps certified teachers address today's literacy demands and instill the habit of lifelong reading.
- You'll be provided with the knowledge and tools needed to address the specific literacy needs of your students.
- You'll explore performance-based assessment as a primary avenue for understanding complex behavior.
You'll learn how to design an instructional curriculum that develops and assesses literacy of all students, including ESL.
Benedictine University prepares students of all faiths to be informed, responsible citizens and leaders. Working in post-secondary education is a prime example of service to others. Our Master of Education Reading and Literacy program familiarizes you with classroom, clinical, and community settings. Your hands-on experience in this program is meaningful and connected to the issues teachers encounter daily in the classroom.What's more
- Benedictine online programs are competitively priced and approved for use of federal student loan funds for qualified applicants.
- Military members receive tuition discounts.
- Benedictine University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. This program is approved by the state of Illinois for K-12 reading specialist certification and may meet the requirements of other states.