With more than 100 years of specialized accounting education experience, Harrison College’s School of Business has a history and reputation for providing students with what they need for a successful career.
We know our students – their lives and families, obstacles and motivations, and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential – that’s why we’re committed to providing a supportive environment that empowers you to pursue your dreams.
As a student in the accounting program, you will be taught:
• Financial, management, payroll and tax reporting
• Various measurements and disclosure criteria for financial information
• Risk analysis and control of financial data
• Strategic and critical approaches to decision making
• Skills needed to influence, inspire and motivate others to achieve results
• How to communicate financial information so it is understood by individuals with diverse capabilities
• Continual changes and uses of technology related to accounting data
• How to communicate the vision, strategy, goals and culture of the profession
• How to provide services to support and facilitate commerce in the global marketplace
• How to describe the legal and regulatory environment and how changes impact the business profession
At Harrison’s School of Business, you will be taught by professionals in or experienced in the profession, whether you are seeking a diploma, associate or bachelor’s degree. It is essential to have relevant education and experience, which is why Harrison’s School of Business offers internship opportunities with local accounting firms. With an education from Harrison College, you will be confident and prepared to start a successful career in accounting.
As a graduate of the accounting program, you may be qualified for the following careers:
• Account clerk
• Staff accountant
• Payroll specialist
• Tax accountant
• Internal auditor
Successful students in the accounting program can be described as:
• Strong critical thinkers
• Ethical and having integrity
• Good at following rules and procedures