Marylhurst University’s online Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business helps you take your MBA degree further with a groundbreaking and unique examination of the future of business.
The green movement has gained momentum across the world. Small and large businesses alike have taken notice and begun implementing sustainable business practices into everything they do. The government and consumers are demanding that businesses not just turn a profit, but also make the world around them a better place.
Sustainability in business revolves around the ability to be successful on the bottom line, while making every effort to positively impact the economic, social, and environmental condition of the world around us. Trained professionals with a foundation in business leadership, ethics, and management skills, who can fully implement sustainable business practices, are in high demand.
In addition to gaining a foundation in business and sustainability, you’ll choose a specialized business concentration in Renewable Energy,Government Policy & Administration,Green Development, Natural Resource Management, Food Systems Management orGreen IT, which will further allow you to target the field of business you’re most interested in.
Designed to fit into the active lifestyle of working professionals, Marylhurst University’s Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business is an innovative MBA program that assists you in reaching your utmost business potential.
Program Quick Facts:
• A forward-thinking sustainable business MBA designed for active working professionals
• An advanced examination of sustainability and how it impacts the business world
• 12 total courses: 8 core courses, 3 concentration courses, 1 capstone course
• Complete the accelerated degree program in as little as 18 months
• 100% online curriculum, no campus visits required
• Unparalleled support from enrollment through graduation
Online MBA in Sustainable Business Program Objectives
•Leadership – Learn effective management techniques for making sustainable business decisions, influencing group dynamics, and becoming a reliable team leader.
• Resource Management – Develop effective strategies for planning, organizing, leading, and determining the economics and sustainability of your business’s resources.
• Decision Making – Use advanced modeling techniques to determine business and sustainability factors that facilitate a sound decision making process.
• Big Picture Thinking – Integrate environmental influences such as the competitive landscape, globalization, green values, stakeholder interests, culture and technology into organizational processes.
• Ethics & Integrity – Cultivate personal ethical principles that address business dilemmas within an organizational context without compromising integrity.
• Communication– Demonstrate effective communication skills for interacting collaboratively in global environments.
Government Policy & Administration
This concentration begins with a detailed study of environmental law. Then, permeating all facets of sustainable business management, environmental law deals with the policy and issues surrounding water availability and use, land use, waste disposal, and other concerns of sustainability-minded businesses. Throughout this concentration, students study and research the historical, economic, business, socio-cultural, and political factors that have affected energy policy in the United States. The future of energy policy and its effects on business at home and abroad will be covered. The concentration concludes with an analysis of environmental protection and policy.