The Post University M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology is for education, training, and development professionals who want to develop advanced skills in the planning and creation of learning experiences using technology. The program encourages students to be creative in their approach to designing and assessing effective technology-driven learning experiences. It also provides differentiated learning experience so that students may pursue projects of interest to them. This is a non-licensure program.
The Instructional Design & Technology is Appropriate for new and experienced educators, corporate trainers, higher education professionals, and instructional designers/technology specialists in schools, universities, corporations and government agencies.
Students May Pursue Interests In:
- Learning Management Systems
- Digital media design in teaching and learning
- Using hardware and software in the classroom (interactive classroom tools, video, etc.)
- Social networks for learning (Facebook, Twitter, etc,)
- Virtual experiences (Second Life, Virtual Campuses, etc.)
- Online communication tools (chat, asynchronous communication tools, and streaming media)
- Future design of online learning
- An innovative or creative project of interest of their choosing
The Instructional Design & Technology Concentration Prepares Students To:
- Design and develop learning environments using models of instructional design and technology delivery
- Understand and apply theories of design and instruction to the development, design, and implementation of educational experiences
- Integrate appropriate technology in diverse education settings, including schools, universities, corporations, non-profits and government agencies
- Assess, budget, and evaluate education technology