The M.S. in Nursing—Education (RN to MSN Option) is designed for RNs with associate’s degrees or diplomas in nursing who are seeking to earn both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree to become nurse educators. This challenging program incorporates competencies derived from the NLN Nurse Educator standards and the Masters Essentials for Professional Nursing practice. You will complete bachelor’s degree coursework and earn your master’s degree. Along with the rigorous online curriculum, this program requires completion of a 40-hour practicum in nursing education.
Note: Applicants must hold an associate’s degree or diploma in nursing, an unencumbered RN license, and currently be working in a healthcare-related field.
Western Governors University is:
• Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
• CCNE Accredited—WGU nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791). WGU is also regionally accredited.
• Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
• Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
• Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
• Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.