American Institute for Paralegal Studies Online
Stretch. Specialize. Succeed.
The American Institute for Paralegal Studies online has a unique focus on professional, national certification. Combined with long experience providing specialized paralegal concentrations, the Institute will make a difference in your legal career. The Institute is among the oldest providers of paralegal training in the United States, offering certificate programs since 1978. Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency listed by the US Secretary of Education, we are proud to be celebrating 29 years of providing the highest quality paralegal education, and we're proud of American Institute for Paralegal Studies Online course options.
Accredited Programs with High-Placement Results
The American Institute for Paralegal Studies, Inc. has been continuously accredited since 1981. Our accrediting agency is ACCET, the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training. ACCET is a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Dive into a program that boasts a 91 percent job placement rate*. An AIPS placement coordinator will work closely with you to assist you in obtaining a position they want at law firms and companies around the country.
*Statistics compiled and reported in accordance with the policies and procedures of ACCET.
National Certification Preparation
You can study for the Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam (PACE) and the Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) exam with prep courses that are fully integrated into our curriculum and included in your tuition. While professional certification is voluntary, it's a way to prove to employers that you have developed professional competency that is on par with certain standards. AIPS online graduates typically pass the CLA exam at a rate over 50% higher than the national average. It also meets the requirements for paralegal qualifications to practice under the State of California Business and Professions Code, Chapter 5.6.
Unique Delivery Method and Program Content
- Online format - Enroll anytime. Complete your assignments and interact with classmates and faculty 24/7 via Computer Mediated Distance Learning. Our computer network, accessed via the Internet, provides the structure for interaction between faculty and fellow students through an online folder system. You'll receive frequent, consistent, and prompt feedback from faculty. The instructor leads the class, gives reading and homework assignments, facilitates online discussions, and personally grades and returns assignments—all inside our network.
- Easy-to-use software - All new class sections begin with a collaborative orientation week where you'll be assigned a course facilitator who will help you install and test FirstClass and other software on your computer and provide the technical support you need to successfully complete the program.
- The pace - You'll proceed through the program at the rate you would if it were in a traditional classroom by starting and finishing with the same class of peers and completing the program in 12 months. We limit classes to 15 students so you have opportunities to interact with each faculty member and fellow students.
- No lectures - Instead, you'll use computer conferencing software provided by AIPS to communicate with the instructor and other students in the class. You'll participate in a series of online conferences, which are continuously moderated and guided by the attorney/instructor.
- Specialize - You can choose one of our several specialty areas, including Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Employment Law, Corporate Law, Elder Law, Intellectual Property, and Immigration Law.
Small, Interactive Community of Students and Faculty
Students taking our American Institute for Paralegal Studies Online courses find out quickly that they are in a community of their peers - other adult learners who are busy with work, families and school. And the amount of interaction is surprising - in most cases way more than what you find in a traditional classroom setting.
- Faculty and staff - Our faculty and staff are available by e-mail and phone, and our frequent, consistent, and prompt student services are a hallmark of the AIPS experience. The program is taught by licensed attorneys and practicing paralegals teach all of our courses.
- Help anytime - From technical assistance to workshops that help you refine your skills in particular areas—such as writing and grammar, Lexis, and job searches—you'll have around-the-clock access to the tools you need to complete the program.
- Continued support - Your learning doesn't end once you complete the program. AIPS offers advanced specialty courses online in over a dozen subjects; Quarterly CLE (continuing legal education) seminars on diverse topics for the working paralegals; and Alumni activities such as the 1000+ member alumni association, the alumni mentor program and monthly journals.