Academic Quality meets Affordable Tuition
American Military University (AMU) provides quality and affordable online education to U.S. Armed Forces, members of the public safety, service and national security communities, and working adults in a wide range of fields. AMU closely partners with industry organizations and is highly respected by public service, intelligence, homeland security and criminal justice communities for developing curriculum that is relevant to today's job market. AMU is a member of the regionally accredited American Public University System. Here's why more than 80,000 students make us their school of choice.
- #1 ranked provider of education to the U.S. military*
- Admission fees are waived for active duty, guard and reserve members
- No application or technology fees; and textbooks are provided at no cost to all undergraduate students earning academic credit
- Active duty tuition assistance covers 100% of undergraduate tuition and 75% of graduate tuition for up to six courses per year**
- Affordable tuition that is 10 percent less than the average four-year public university's in-state rates according to the College Board's 2009-2010 study
- Save time and money by transferring previous education and training credits
- Nationally recognized for quality online education and effective practices
- Experienced faculty; many who are executives in government and nonprofit organizations including the United Nations, State Department, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and Federal Emergency
- Management Agency.
- 96% of AMU seniors say they are satisfied or very satisfied with their education
- 97% of AMU seniors say they would recommend AMU to friends and colleagues
* Based upon 2009 DoD enrollment figures for U.S. service members
** Refer to your service's policy on tuition assistance eligibility
Our mission is to educate those who serve, through relevant online degree programs.
Choose from more than 100 online programs that will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to advance within and after your military career. Courses are 100 percent online and start monthly (versus semesters), with 8 and 16 week classes available in many programs.
Active Duty Tuition Assistance covers 100% of undergraduate tuition and 75% of graduate tuition for up to 6 courses per year.† AMU provides degree-seeking undergraduates with their course materials at no cost through our course materials grant program. Also, admission fees are waived for active duty, guard, and reserve members. Why would you go elsewhere to get your degree online?
To learn more about our various programs and affordable tuition, simply take 60 seconds to complete the online Request for Information form.
Why are e-learners like you choosing AMU?
Modern & Relevant Programs
AMU offers the relevant programs and courses for today's job market via over 70 relevant degrees. Just a few of the ways we stay current on industry needs: the majority of our faculty are currently working in the fields they are teaching in; we partner with industry organizations such as the FBI National Academy Associates and build programs and certificates tailored to their needs; and we rely on Industry Advisory Councils made up of corporate members who review our curriculum to ensure its relevance to the skills needed in their industries.
Experienced & Professional Faculty
Our faculty combines relevant theory with real-world experience. They come with degrees from many of the top institutions around the world, and many are executives in government, business and nonprofit organizations, including the United Nations, State Department, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Affordable & Respected
American Military University provides high-quality, affordable distance education to students around the globe. We do not have resident or non-resident students, so tuition is not based on a student's geographical location or home of record.
Transfer Credit for Prior Coursework
You can transfer previous education and training for credit, allowing you to progress faster toward your goal. We will accept up to 45 semester hours towards an Associate degree, 90 semester hours towards a Bachelor's degree and 15 semester hours towards a Master's degree.