Academic Quality meets Affordable Tuition
American Public University (APU) is a distinguished leader providing quality and affordable online education to motivated students worldwide. APU is a member of the regionally accredited American Public University System. Here's why more than 80,000 students make us their school of choice today.
- No application or technology fees; and textbooks are provided at no cost to all undergraduate students earning academic credit
- Affordable tuition that is 10 percent less than the average four-year public university's in-state rates according to the College Board's 2009-2010 study
- Save time and money by transferring previous education and training credits
- Financial aid and military benefits accepted
- Nationally recognized for quality online education and effective practices
- Experienced faculty who are respected practitioners in their field of study
- 96% of APU seniors say they are satisfied or very satisfied with their education
- 97% of APU seniors say they would recommend APU to friends and colleagues
APU has more than 75 online degree programs designed to help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the global economy. Courses are 100 percent online and start monthly (versus semesters), with 8 and 16 week classes available in many programs enabling you to complete your degree at an accelerated pace.
To learn more about our various programs and affordable tuition, simply take 60 seconds to complete the online Request for Information form.
Why are e-learners like you choosing APU?
Modern & Relevant Programs
APU offers the relevant programs and courses for today's job market via more than 75 relevant degrees. Just a few of the ways we stay current on industry needs: the majority of our faculty are currently working in the fields they are teaching in; we partner with industry organizations such as the FBI National Academy Associates and build programs and certificates tailored to their needs; and we rely on Industry Advisory Councils made up of corporate members who review our curriculum to ensure its relevance to the skills needed in their industries.
Experienced & Professional Faculty
Our faculty combines relevant theory with real-world experience. They come with degrees from many of the top institutions around the world, and many are executives in government, business and nonprofit organizations, including the United Nations, State Department, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Affordable & Respected
American Public University provides high-quality, affordable distance education to students around the globe. We do not have resident or non-resident students, so tuition is not based on a student's geographical location or home of record.
Transfer Credit for Prior Coursework
You can transfer previous education and training for credit, allowing you to progress faster toward your goal. We will accept up to 45 semester hours towards an associate degree, 90 semester hours towards a bachelor's degree and 15 semester hours towards a master's degree.