Realize Your Potential
Briarwood College Applied Technology Division (BCATD) offers Certification and Associate Degree programs in several technology fields. Our courses prepare students to pass technical Certification Examinations. Obtaining industry-standard professional certifications helps students in five important ways: they increase competence, build confidence, demonstrate credentials, enhance credibility, and increase potential compensation.
Online Certification Programs
Here are five compelling reasons:
- Increase COMPETENCE. You will learn industry standards and best practices to enhance your knowledge and build highly valuable and marketable skills.
- Increase CONFIDENCE. Confidence is one of those intangibles that you cannot necesssarily see or touch, but everyone knows when you have it and when you don't.
- Demonstrate CREDENTIALS. Having industry recognized certifications tells the world of your ambition, initiative, and mastery. Credentials helps you stand out when it comes time for promotions.
- Enhance CREDIBILITY. Professional credentials demonstrate your drive and 'stick-to-it-tiveness' to your supervisor and coworkers as well as state of the art knowledge and skills in your areas of expertise.
- Increase COMPENSATION. Often professional certifications will not only lead to promotions and opportunities for better jobs, they will also lead to higher pay.
Why select Briarwood College Applied Technology Division over the competition? Because of our people and our approach.
Our staff is personable and willing to help. We understand what "Customer Service" means - providing our students and potential students the information and assistance they need accurately and immediately. We are committed to making your experience with us as user-friendly as possible.
Our courses have been designed by professional Subject Matter Experts with years of real-life experience as well as years of experience designing and delivering technical courses. We not only design our courses with excellence, we leverage technology to make learning as efficient, effective, and convenient as possible. We employ a blend of:
- Distance Learning on-line courseware
- Instructor-led 'webinar' on-line classrooms
- Personalized coaching via phone and email
- Conventional classroom instruction, and
- Hands-on lab sessions to allow ample practice of new skills
Our primary focus is to support our students by taking their careers to the next level. We want you to succeed, and we will do everything within our power to help you do so.
A brief note to our men and women in the Armed Forces:
This endeavor began when two people deployed in Afghanistan realized there were no colleges offering technical certification courses to soldiers and sailors deployed overseas, especially in hostile environments. Today most of our staff are prior military, which means we understand the difficult situations in which members of today's armed forces find themselves and we are flexible to adjust to those situations. At any given time dozens of our students are taking our courses while deployed overseas.
Dollar for dollar, we think Briarwood is one of the best values around. Nevertheless, we know that any college is still beyond the reach of many deserving students. That is why we take such pride in our personal approach to helping students meet the cost of education. Quite simply, we will work with anyone who needs assistance in paying for their course of study at Briarwood by developing a financial aid package for them.
Financing options, including financial aid, are available for those who qualify. Some of those options include:
Several low-interest and free financial aid options are available. Briarwood College participates in many financial aid programs, including the Federal Stafford Student Loan, the Federal PLUS Loan and the Federal Pell Grant. There is no charge for processing financial aid applications. There are also alternative loans that can be provided as well.
In addition to competitive rates, Briarwood College offers numerous options for financing your education. We offer various type of payment plans for those that do not qualify for financial aid or loans.
Briarwood College is eligible for most company reimbursement programs. In fact, over 78 percent of our students receive all or part of their tuition from their employers.
As a regionally accredited college, and a member of Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) consortium, Briarwood College's programs should be approved for military tuition assistance. Briarwood College is also approved to offer programs for the education and training of veterans and other eligible U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs beneficiaries.