Associate of Applied Science in Allied Health
The Associate of Applied Science in Allied Health program is designed for health care professionals with a certificate or coursework in an allied healthcare concentration. The program provides healthcare professionals with complementary skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and contemporary issues, allowing them to expand their knowledge base to be successful and advance in their chosen career field. Core content may be transferred in from any of several health-related programs. Upon successful completion of the program (see graduation requirements section of the catalog), students could seek or obtain entry-level employment in an allied health related field.
Requirements for Admission:
- Must have 54 quarter credit hours in an allied healthcare concentration or be a graduate of a Charter College program in an allied-health related field (i.e. Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant, etc.) with a grade of “C” or above in each course from an accredited postsecondary institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- A completed certificate or coursework completed in the last eight years must be completed at an accredited institution recognized by the Department of Education and confirmed with official transcripts
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher from the previous educational institution (including Charter College)
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Contemporary issues
- Offered online for student convenience with access to the resources of the local Charter College land campus
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates should be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate effective supervisory and management skills.
- Use critical thinking and problem solving skills to explore solutions for specific workplace concerns and contemporary issues.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills in maintaining interpersonal relationships and communicating effectively in a professional office environment.
- Describe the purposes and intents of key federal, state and local healthcare policies.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at: http://www.chartercollege.edu/programs/consumer-disclosures