Through ECPI's hands-on curriculum, you can learn how to write and maintain source code and become knowledgeable in the planning and structured process involved with software development. You will learn to develop efficient and scalable programs, web applications, and cloud-based software using languages and technologies such as Java, C#, C++, Python, Android, jQuery.
Building upon ECPI's tradition of providing an interactive and "real world" hands-on education, graduates of this program are prepared to:
- Develop desktop and web applications
- Integrate with relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL, and non-relational databases like MongoDB
- Apply information assurance knowledge to the design of secure applications
- Use professional software development tools and source code management systems
The program includes instruction in many areas including:
- Ethical and professional practices
- Logic and decision processes
- Problem resolution
- Oral and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Best practices in software development.