What They're Known For:
Founded in 1895, and sponsored by Community for Christ, Graceland University is a private, non-sectarian university with a focus on liberal arts. A university that aims to inspire and empower students for transformational service and leadership, Graceland creates learning communities where students can develop their potential for meaningful and productive lives.
Graceland University has challenged students for more than 100 years to embrace learning as a lifestyle.
- Graceland's online offerings contain an array of both bachelors and masters degrees, with undergraduate programs in Nursing and Health Care Administration and graduate programs in Nursing and Education.
- Seventy percent of students who applied for need-based financial aid in 2012-2013, received it.
- With a curriculum rooted in the liberal arts tradition, Graceland diversifies the student experience by offering career-oriented practical opportunities through their Career, Academic, and Personal Counseling Center.
Why We Love Graceland:
- Graceland University is a member of the North Central Association and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- In the 2013 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities (Midwest), Graceland University was ranked 88.
- Graceland’s Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning offers SkillPath and CompuMaster seminars to help students gain the career-focused skills they need to be successful.