Harris School of Business aims to help motivated students prepare for careers related to Business Management and Allied Health. At Harris, education focuses on what students might need when they move from the classroom to the working world. Some of Harris’s advantages? Day and evening classes, externship opportunities, individualized attention, and an extremely diligent Career Services office. With 7 campuses in New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania, Harris students can easily find a campus and program right for them.
What Is Harris School of Business?
Harris School of Business was founded in 1965. They've been providing career-focused education ever since. Relying on their years of experience, knowledgeable faculty, and student-centric approach, their goal is to teach students the necessary skills to thrive in their careers. They work toward this goal in a few different ways.
- Hands-On Experience: Harris School of Business knows that learning doesn’t only take place in the classroom out of a textbook. At Harris, students might also practice using the same technology they might use in the field! This could happen both in laboratory settings, and in internships and externships.
- Community-Focused: Because there are seven different campuses, Harris is able to adjust to the needs of each community. That means that your selected campus might offer programs relevant to the job market and interests in your area. Your professors might even have the local experience to provide relevant advice to you!
- Valuable Resources: Harris aims to provide the resources you need to thrive in the classroom and after graduation. This could include clinical and technology labs, career guidance, networking opportunities, and more. And you could still use these even after you graduate.
Harris School of Business Mission
Harris School of Business is all about students. Their primary goal is to provide their students with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to succeed in their field—whichever field they choose. They do this with a combination of teamwork and individual attention. That means students could lean on the support they need to learn, while developing the independence they need to strike out on their own path. At Harris, students might depend on combination of experienced faculty, well-equipped facilities, practical experience, and personal guidance.
Harris School of Business Program Options
Harris School of Business specializes in comprehensive, accelerated programs to prepare students for challenging new careers. The school focuses primarily on careers related to business management and allied health. The specific programs available, and the types of resources and opportunities that support them, may vary by location. The types of programs you might choose from may include the following.
- Dental Assistant
- Health Claims Specialist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant & Professional Medical Assistant
- Multi-Skill Health Technician
- Surgical Technology
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Legal Office Technology
These and other program options may vary by campus. If you’re interested in studying a particular program, reach out to the school to find out more about which locations offer it. If you’re not sure of the right path, admissions specialists may even be able to offer advice to help you decide.
Harris School of Business Online Learning
Need a more flexible option? Whether you’re busy with work, home, or just have an independent streak, online study could bring the added flexibility you’re looking for. Harris School of Business offers programs anchored on local campuses. But these programs might also incorporate online course options alongside the ones in the classroom. That might enable you to personalize your schedule the way you need to. Specific online learning options may vary by program and campus, so contact the school for details.
Harris School of Business Campus Locations
Harris School of Business aims to offer students vocational education that’s relevant to the needs of employers, and the reality of working in the field. They do that through campuses in their students’ communities. This could foster a unique local perspective. Seven locations stretch across four states. Each campus may offer unique program options, services, and resources. Additionally, campuses may offer flexible learning options through scheduling and online coursework. See the campus for details. Locations include the following.
- Harris School of Business Cherry Hill NJ
- Harris School of Business Danbury CT
- Harris School of Business Dover DE
- Harris School of Business Hamilton NJ
- Harris School of Business Linwood NJ
- Harris School of Business Upper Darby PA
- Harris School of Business Voorhees NJ
- Harris School of Business Wilmington DE
For more information about what is offered at the location nearest you, see the website or reach out to that campus to schedule a tour!
Why Attend Harris School of Business
Harris School of Business wants to help their students succeed in and out of the classroom. That’s why they make an effort to support their students in meaningful ways. They provide up-to-date technology, relevant course materials, hands-on experience, and more! Here are just a few of the ways Harris might provide the services and support you need.
- Learn What You Need: From the time you enroll until beyond graduation, Harris School of Business wants to be there for you. Counselors can help you figure out which program is right for you and your skills. Programs focus on building subject-matter expertise and practical skills you’ll need. And you might even get to practice those skills in real or simulated settings!
- Get Hands-On Experience: Learning extends beyond the traditional classroom. Harris supports that through their variety of learning opportunities. This could range from technology and clinical labs that simulate the workspace, to externship and internship opportunities in the field. Altogether, you might not only learn about your career path. You could get the opportunity to put that learning into practice, under the guidance of experienced instructors.
- Get Support in Choosing Your Career: Career Services is dedicated to helping students find employment in several ways. They could help in navigating the job search, providing employment referrals, reaching out to employers, and providing ongoing post-graduation support.
- Keep Learning After You Graduate: Once you’ve been a Harris School student, you’re always part of the family. Graduates may be able to sit in on courses they’ve already taken. They could also utilize campus resources, and can even take refresher sessions at no additional cost!
Harris School of Business Enrollment Information
Harris School of Business has an open admissions policy. If you want to find out more, or think Harris might be right for you, visit the website or reach out for more information. Generally, the enrollment process looks a little like this.
- Get in touch with the Admissions Department, set up an interview, and even tour your local campus.
- Ask your questions about the school, the curriculum, and even get help selecting a program!
- With the assistance of an admissions specialist, fill out the application.
- Submit the application fee.
- If you’re accepted, enroll in your selected program, and start learning in weeks!
Harris School of Business Facts & Figuresi
Each Harris School of Business campus is unique. That’s because each location is rooted in a unique community! What they have in common is a diverse student population, and an academic environment that focuses on results. Here are some quick numbers to help paint a picture of what you might find at Harris. These figures are based on the Cherry Hill campus location, so the specifics at different locations might vary.
- It’s a diverse student body! 43% of students identify as black, while 31% are Hispanic/Latinx, and 22% white. Additionally, 89% of students are reported as female.
- It’s flexible to your needs. While 69% of students attend full time, 31% opt to study part time. Additionally, your campus may offer online learning options for additional flexibility.
- Students stick around! 62% of first-time students who enroll full time re-enroll. Additionally, 53% of first-time part-time students re-enroll.
- It’s results-oriented. 69% of students graduate from their program. Of those, 68% graduate on time, and 69% take some additional time to finish.
Depending which campus your program is based in, the above numbers might vary. Other factors influencing these figures include the year of enrollment for that class, the program, and more. For more details, reach out to the school.
Harris School of Business Accreditation
Harris School of Business has a number of accreditations, which may vary by location and program.
- Danbury, Upper Darby, Cherry Hill, Linwood, and Hamilton campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- The Wilmington campus is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training
- Dover and Voorhees campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- The Surgical Technology program is accredited by The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
Tuition and Financial Aid
At all Harris Business School campuses, financial aid may be available for those who qualify. Harris staff will work with you to come up with financing options. Financial advisors could work with you to help fill out your FAFSA to determine eligibility for federal aid, such as some of the options listed below. Additionally installment plans for tuition might be arranged on an individual basis.
Potential options for financial aid may include the following.
- Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP)
- Educational Tax-Payer Credits
- GI Bill Educational Benefits
- State-based programs, such as vocational rehabilitations, veteran’s benefits, and workforce development programs
Apply to Harris School of Business
If you think Harris School of Business might be for you, don’t hesitate to take the next step. Visit our website to read more about our programs and campuses. Or fill out the contact form to get in touch! You could request information, schedule a tour or a meeting, and even start your application!