Plan, develop, and manage the systems that make modern life run
Prepare to become an information systems leader with the online Master of Science in Information Systems Engineering and Management (ISEM) from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. Our ISEM graduate degree covers advanced knowledge in information systems, systems engineering, and management to equip you with the skills you need to advance your career.
You’ll graduate prepared to offer employers data-driven management and engineering skills backed by real-world, hands-on experience. You can pursue this degree with HU in a full-time, part-time, or online format.
Why You Should Earn a Master’s in Information Systems Engineering and Management
Computer information systems are expanding into all areas of modern society, increasing in complexity as they do so. Businesses of all types require highly-trained engineers with the management capabilities necessary to successfully implement, maintain, and manage new and existing systems.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment of computer and information systems managers will add 50,900 jobs from 2012 to 2022. At 15%, that’s a growth rate faster than the average for all occupations.
Why You Should Earn Your Information Systems Engineering and Management Master’s with HU
The MS in Information Systems Engineering and Management at Harrisburg University features:
- Cross-Disciplinary Skills – You’ll develop skills across three main areas of work: information systems, management, and systems engineering.
- A Big-Picture Perspective – Our program encourages you to gain a global outlook on enterprise architecture, management, and planning issues, with an eye on future developments and emerging technologies.
- Experiential Learning – Experience real-world information systems issues first-hand when you undertake your own engineering and management project.
- Experienced Faculty – Our program’s director, Dr. Amjad Umar, is a Senior Advisor to the United Nations for Information and Communication Technologies. He’s dedicated to ensuring the ISEM curriculum reflects the realities of life in the field.
- Specialized Knowledge – You can pursue a concentration that teaches specific application of your ISEM skills, such as health care or information security.
- Control Over Your Schedule – Our online classes make it possible for you to continue your education on your terms, without compromising your work or family responsibilities.
How Our Information Systems Engineering and Management Master’s Degree Works
The MS in Information Systems Engineering and Management at Harrisburg University is a 36-credit, 12-course degree program, available as a one-year full-time program, or as a two- or two-and-a-half-year part-time program. Students take five core courses, two experiential learning courses, and five elective courses in a concentration area. Concentrations include:
- Cyber Security
- Digital Government
- Digital Health
- Software Engineering and Development
You can also develop an individualized concentration to reflect your specific goals. Your degree program culminates in either a thesis or completion of an applied IS management project.
Who Can Apply
The MS in Information Systems Engineering and Management is an advanced degree for students with a significant background in mathematics, computer science, IT, and statistics. Therefore, we prefer applicants with undergraduate degrees in areas such as:
- Applied mathematics
- Operations research
- Computer science
If your degree is in another discipline, we encourage you to apply with the understanding that you are likely to be required to take prerequisite courses in mathematics and statistics.
Think. Discover. Connect.
Learn how Harrisburg University’s innovative, career-focused graduate programs can help you achieve your goals. Talk to an admissions counselor today!