What They're Known For
Students interested in the healthcare field should consider looking to the Illinois School of Health Careers, where they may acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to find meaningful careers in the industry. The school has two campuses, one located in the Loop, Chicago's central business district, and another in the Cumberland/O'Hare section.
At ISHC, students can train to pursue careers as medical assistants, dental assistants and patient care technicians.
- Students learn in an environment that includes fully furnished medical and dental labs as well as X-ray rooms.
- Off-site externships are available , giving students real, hands-on experience.
- In addition to lecturing, the ISHC faculty provides dedicated, personalized, hands-on instruction to all.
- Students can avail of the school's career services program during the length of their studies at ISHC. It includes resume and cover letter writing, job interview techniques and job search strategies.
Why We Love Illinois School of Health Careers
- The school is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education and is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.