What They’re Known For
The National Holistic Institute (NHI), in Emeryville, CA, is one of the world’s most respected massage therapy schools. Masseuse Carol Carpenter founded NHI in 1979: informally-trained by mentors, Carol envisioned a more comprehensive, professional method of massage education. NHI was the first nationally-accredited massage school in California, the first to offer financial aid for its massage courses, and the recipient of several awards. NHI’s 7 campuses, warm atmosphere, and mission to “help people have work they love,” make it a student favorite.
- NHI has been exclusively dedicated to massage therapy education for over 30 years, and operates a robust teaching clinic with over 1,000 appointments every month.
- NHI provides a 900-hour training curriculum that helps to prepare students for certification both in California and nationally (which require 500 hours and 750 hours, respectively).
- NHI offers lifetime career placement assistance, and has a preferred partnership with a variety of employers who come to NHI to hire graduates.
- Financial aid may be available to those who qualify, including federal grants and loans, work-study, payment plans, and Veteran’s Assistance grants.
Why We Love National Holistic Institute:
- NHI is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- NHI has high job placement rates: 86% of graduates get placed to work in massage therapy.
- NHI is authorized to accept international students, and may issue I-20 documents for M-1 student visas.