Engineers have completely changed the way we live; the work they do is the link between scientific breakthroughs and the commercial applications that make our lives better. From creating better ways to communicate to using new discoveries to treat disease, it’s an exciting field that presents you with the opportunity to solve real-world problems.
National University’s BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering degree program is designed to prepare you for a cutting-edge profession in inventing, designing, developing, manufacturing, and marketing new devices like smart homes, cell phones, artificial intelligence, robotics, and more.
The tech market is rapidly expanding for professionals who have a strong understanding of both hardware and software, which is the focus of NU’s program. You’ll study the design and development of both digital hardware systems and the software that enables that hardware — and how both users and other hardware interact with those systems.
If you’re ready to build a solid foundation of mathematics and engineering and use your knowledge to create new and exciting things, earning your BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering is an excellent place to start. Successful graduates of this career-focused bachelor’s degree will understand how to:
• Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
• Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
• Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
• Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
• Function effectively on a team whose members provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
• Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
• Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
National University’s BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering program is offered entirely online, so you can complete classwork on your own time and still balance your professional and personal life. You can study wherever it works for you: between shifts, in the comfort of your home, or in your favorite coffee shop.
NU also offers four-week courses, so you can focus on one subject at a time, one month at a time, and finish your degree faster. Plus, with year-round enrollment, you don’t have to wait to apply and can begin classes as soon as next month.
Since 1971, National University has been breaking barriers in education. As a veteran-founded Yellow Ribbon school, and San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, we’re dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible and affordable higher education opportunities. We offer 75+ career-relevant degree programs and achievable four-week courses that are backed by our whole-human approach to your success. That means our students have the academic, emotional, career, financial, and family support needed to stay on track, finish faster, and achieve their personal and professional goals. We proudly educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 45,000 students and 190,000 alums worldwide.