University of Wisconsin Colleges

About

​​The University of Wisconsin Colleges comprises 14 freshman/sophomore campuses (including University of Wisconsin Colleges Online) that offer Associate of Arts and Sciences degrees. Through the system, students can either earn an associate’s degree or prepare to transfer to baccalaureate and professional programs, especially at the University of Wisconsin.

University of Wisconsin Majors

Students at the University of Wisconsin Colleges all pursue the same degree: an Associate of Arts and Science Degree. With it, they can prepare to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program at UW or a partner school to UW. To earn their associate’s degree, students must study:i

  • Fine arts and humanities
  • Mathematical and natural sciences
  • Social sciences
  • Application and performance
  • Ethnic studies
  • Interdisciplinary studies

During the 2015-2016 school year, 1,502 students earned their associate’s degrees in this area.ii

University of Wisconsin Enrollment

During the fall 2016 school year, 11,940 students were enrolled at the University of Wisconsin Colleges, all of whom were freshman or sophomores. Of those students, more than half—52 percent—attended school part-time. The remaining 48 percent attended full-time. Eighty-one percent of all students enrolled were age 24 or younger, and 97 percent had in-state status.ii

Ten percent of all students were enrolled in at least some online education, and twenty-five percent of attended classes entirely online through the University of Wisconsin Colleges Online.ii

University of Wisconsin Colleges Admissions

In fall 2016, 6,029 prospective students applied to the University of Wisconsin Colleges. The school admitted 75 percent of those applicants, and of those admitted, 70 percent registered for classes. The University of Wisconsin acceptance rate was 75 percent that semester.ii

To apply to the University of Wisconsin Colleges, applicants are required to submit:ii

  • High school GPA, rank, and record
  • Evidence of having completed a college preparatory program
  • Admissions test scores from the ACT and SAT

During the 2016-2017 school year, the application fee for undergraduate students was $50.ii

University of Wisconsin Campuses

After graduating with an associate’s degree from the University of Wisconsin Colleges, students might opt to transfer to one of the University of Wisconsin’s many campuses. UW has campuses in: 

  • Rice Lake, WI
  • Marshfield, WI
  • Marathon County
  • Marinette, WI
  • Menasha, WI
  • Manitowoc, WI
  • Fond du Lac, WI
  • Sheboygan, WI
  • West Bend, WI
  • Baraboo, WI
  • Richland Center, WI
  • Madison, WI
  • Janesville, WI
  • Waukesha, WI

Explore the University of Wisconsin Colleges Online

Learn more about the University of Wisconsin Colleges to determine if it’s the perfect place for you to launch your education. Look at online and on-campus options to see what suits your needs.

 

i online.uwc.edu/academics/associate-of-arts-science-degree

ii nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?id=240055


 

 

This school isn't currently accepting requests for information from our site. But, fill out the form below and get matched to the programs from other schools that may meet your needs!

Get Matched Now!