Marylhurst University’s online Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business helps you take your MBA degree further with a groundbreaking and unique examination of the future of business.
The green movement has gained momentum across the world. Small and large businesses alike have taken notice and begun implementing sustainable business practices into everything they do. The government and consumers are demanding that businesses not just turn a profit, but also make the world around them a better place.
Sustainability in business revolves around the ability to be successful on the bottom line, while making every effort to positively impact the economic, social, and environmental condition of the world around us. Trained professionals with a foundation in business leadership, ethics, and management skills, who can fully implement sustainable business practices, are in high demand.
In addition to gaining a foundation in business and sustainability, you’ll choose a specialized business concentration in Renewable Energy,Government Policy & Administration,Green Development, Natural Resource Management, Food Systems Management orGreen IT, which will further allow you to target the field of business you’re most interested in.
Designed to fit into the active lifestyle of working professionals, Marylhurst University’s Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business is an innovative MBA program that assists you in reaching your utmost business potential.
Program Quick Facts:
• A forward-thinking sustainable business MBA designed for active working professionals
• An advanced examination of sustainability and how it impacts the business world
• 12 total courses: 8 core courses, 3 concentration courses, 1 capstone course
• Complete the accelerated degree program in as little as 18 months
• 100% online curriculum, no campus visits required
• Unparalleled support from enrollment through graduation
Online MBA in Sustainable Business Program Objectives
•Leadership – Learn effective management techniques for making sustainable business decisions, influencing group dynamics, and becoming a reliable team leader.
• Resource Management – Develop effective strategies for planning, organizing, leading, and determining the economics and sustainability of your business’s resources.
• Decision Making – Use advanced modeling techniques to determine business and sustainability factors that facilitate a sound decision making process.
• Big Picture Thinking – Integrate environmental influences such as the competitive landscape, globalization, green values, stakeholder interests, culture and technology into organizational processes.
• Ethics & Integrity – Cultivate personal ethical principles that address business dilemmas within an organizational context without compromising integrity.
• Communication– Demonstrate effective communication skills for interacting collaboratively in global environments.
The Green IT concentration is designed for IT professionals who are interested in creating a more environmentally friendly IT department. Courses will examine the ethical, social, cultural and political issues in the design and application of information and communication technology. The concentration focuses on how the IT sector itself can be more sustainable, both environmentally and socially. Topics to be addressed will include energy and materials efficiency, the reduction of e-waste, and labor and human rights. Students will learn about tools for calculating and reducing ecological footprints, intelligent design, measuring impact, and other sustainable practices.
Marylhurst is accredited by the NWCCU. Additionally, all Marylhurst business programs are designed to meet the accreditation standards of the IACBE. Marylhurst's MBA, BS in Business & Management, BS in Business & Leadership and BS in Real Estate are accredited by the IACBE.
Facts & Figures
Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities, Commission on Colleges and Universities
Private, not-for-profit, Higher Education
1,000 - 4,999 as of 12/31/69
Quarter Schedule (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)
Completely Online - Video, audio, and text-based learning environments.
Master's College or University I
Minimum required: PC with 200MHz, Microsoft Office XP, 128MB RAM, CD-ROM drive, 56Kbps modem or higher, Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0, Norton AntiVirus, video software, HP10BII financial calculator or similar.
United States and Canada only
No campus visits required.
Many Marylhurst University students are eligible for U.S. Federal financial aid, employer tuition reimbursement, or other tuition help. Our enrollment advisors will walk you through our many payment options.