The Upper Iowa University Master in Business Administration degree program provides graduates with current theories, concepts and learning models necessary to assume leadership roles in their organization. Skill and competence in specific business areas are developed through individual and group assignments that combine theory with practical examples. Students work both individually and interact as members of problem solving teams to apply relevant theories to practical case study situations. The program provides a balance of quantitative and qualitative studies to strengthen contemporary managerial skills.
Those who decide to enroll in the MBA with an emphasis on Corporate Financial Management will explore the theory and application of advanced concepts in corporate finance, and the environment in which corporate finance is conducted. The emphasis is intended to assist learners aspiring to senior financial management positions to gain both advanced professional skills in corporate finance and the skills associated with interacting, motivating, and managing people.
Students are expected to demonstrate knowledge of, and be able to apply, advanced financial management concepts and theories including, but not limited to:
- Management of working capital, capital structure and financial risks
- Legal, regulatory, and ethical environments in which corporate finance and the firm functions
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Market places for financial funds and instruments, and the theory and application of those markets and instruments
- Financial management in the global environment
- Integration of management skills with corporate financial management professional skills.