Have You Considered a Masters Degree?
Edited by Kelly Bray
With the state of today’s job market, it’s not surprising that recent college graduates and professionals would consider going back to school to enhance their qualifications by pursuing a Masters Degree.
Below are three examples of jobs in varied fields that require a Masters Degree from an accredited school. Also listed are job descriptions, entry-level salaries, ideal character traits for the role, and examples of online degrees that may apply to each position. Let’s take a look:
Marriage and Family Therapists
Marriage and Family Therapists typically diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, including cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of a marriage or family
- Entry-level salary: $25,540[i]
- Ideal character traits: Compassion, empathy, sensitivity, good communication skills, oral and written expressiveness and comprehension, critical thinking skills
- Learn more about Masters Degree in Society that may apply to a career as a marriage and family therapist.
School Administrators plan, direct, or coordinate the academic, administrative, or auxiliary activities of public or private schools.
- Entry-level salary: $58,530[ii]
- Ideal character traits: Leadership, problem solving skills, excellent critical thinking skills, inductive and deductive reasoning skills, oral and written expressiveness
- Learn more about Masters Degree in Education that make apply to a career as a school administrator.
Physician Assistants provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician, such as conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel patients
- Entry-level salary: $62,430[iii]
- Ideal character traits for this role include: social perceptiveness, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, inductive and deductive reasoning skills, knowledge of medical sciences, service orientation, reading comprehension, oral and written expressiveness and comprehension
- Learn more about Masters Degree in Health & Medicine that may be applicable to this position.
Share our graphic on your site: