Have You Considered a Masters Degree?
Edited by Kelly Bray - Google
With the state of today’s job market, it’s not surprising that recent college graduates and professionals would consider going back to school to enhance their qualifications by pursuing a Masters Degree.
Below are three examples of jobs in varied fields that require a Masters Degree from an accredited school. Also listed are job descriptions, entry-level salaries, ideal character traits for the role, and examples of online degrees that may apply to each position. Let’s take a look:
Marriage and Family Therapists
Marriage and Family Therapists typically diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, including cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of a marriage or family
- Entry-level salary: $25,540[i]
- Ideal character traits: Compassion, empathy, sensitivity, good communication skills, oral and written expressiveness and comprehension, critical thinking skills
- Learn more about Masters Degree in Society that may apply to a career as a marriage and family therapist.
School Administrators plan, direct, or coordinate the academic, administrative, or auxiliary activities of public or private schools.
- Entry-level salary: $58,530[ii]
- Ideal character traits: Leadership, problem solving skills, excellent critical thinking skills, inductive and deductive reasoning skills, oral and written expressiveness
- Learn more about Masters Degree in Education that make apply to a career as a school administrator.
Physician Assistants provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician, such as conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel patients
- Entry-level salary: $62,430[iii]
- Ideal character traits for this role include: social perceptiveness, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, inductive and deductive reasoning skills, knowledge of medical sciences, service orientation, reading comprehension, oral and written expressiveness and comprehension
- Learn more about Masters Degree in Health & Medicine that may be applicable to this position.
Share our graphic on your site: