With the state of today’s job market, it’s not surprising that recent college graduates and professionals would consider going back to school to enhance their qualifications by pursuing a masters degree.
Below are three examples of jobs in varied fields that require a masters degree from an accredited school. Also listed are job descriptions, entry-level salaries, ideal character traits for the role, and examples of online degrees that may apply to each position. Let’s take a look:
Marriage and Family Therapists
Marriage and Family Therapists typically diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, including cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of a marriage or family
- The annual median pay: $41,500[i]
- Ideal character traits: compassion, empathy, sensitivity, good communication skills, oral and written expressiveness and comprehension, critical thinking skills
- Learn more about online psychology masters degrees that may apply to a career as a marriage and family therapist.
School Principals manage all schools operations. They manage not only daily school activities but oversee teachers and staff to provide a productive environement.
- The annual median pay: $87,760[ii]
- Ideal character traits: Leadership, problem solving skills, excellent critical thinking skills, inductive and deductive reasoning skills, oral and written expressiveness
- Learn more about Masters Degree in Education that may apply to a career as a school administrator.
Physician Assistants provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician, such as conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel patients.
- The annual median pay: $90,930[iii]
- Ideal character traits for this role include: social perceptiveness, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, inductive and deductive reasoning skills, knowledge of medical sciences, service orientation, reading comprehension, oral and written expressiveness and comprehension
- Learn more about online master degrees in health and medicine that may be applicable to this position.
Share our graphic on your site: