What They’re Known For
Founded in 1906, Abilene Christian University (ACU) is a vibrant, Christ-centered private institution that’s committed to helping students excel in their careers while making a real difference in the world. As such, ACU offers flexible online degree programs to help busy professionals balance work, family life and education!
ACU prides itself on successfully integrating Christian faith and empowering learning techniques – whether you’re studying online or on campus.
- Looking for your career path? ACU’s DISCOVERY program can help you choose the best direction for you.
- ACU’s programs have a unique focus on conflict resolution management – another great distinction!
- All you need is the click of a button! Log in 24/7 to interact with other motivated learners and gain individualized attention from instructors.
Why We Love ACU
- ACU ranked within the top 20 Regional Universities (West) in America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report and was named one of the Best Western Colleges by The Princeton Review.
- Not only that- the university was ranked No. 2 on U.S. News & World Report's 2015 regional "Up-and-Corners" list.
- ACU has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program since 2011.
- The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
FAQS About ACU
Where Is Abilene Christian University?
Abilene Christian University’s primary campus is located in the city of Abilene in west-central Texas. Abilene boasts a bustling personality and a population of just over 120,000. Abilene’s frontier-age charm blends with modern amenities to produce an historical and convenient city. Shopping, restaurants, parks, and entertainment opportunities brim in Abilene despite its smaller size. ACU also has a branch campus in Dallas, Texas that serves students in online graduate and professional degree programs.
As a student in an online program at Abilene Christian University, you may not visit the Abilene or Dallas. However, some programs may require students to spend a weekend, week, or more time on either campus during their online program. Or students might find a hybrid program that employs both online and on-campus programming. At the end of their programs, students may want to visit Abilene or Dallas to graduate or simply say hello to the cities of their alma mater.
What Is Christian Education?
Abilene Christian University uses faith-based education that encourages intellectual and spiritual growth. Its faculty members are Christian, and its mission is “to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world.”
What Are the Abilene Christian College Admission Requirements?
Abilene Christian University’s admissions requirements for online programs are as follows:
- You must complete an online application by a deadline specified by your particular program.
- You submit an application fee of $50.
- You will submit official transcripts from any colleges you attended before ACU. Since ACU currently only offers graduate programs online, you will likely need to submit transcripts for all of your undergraduate work.
- You must work with your program department to determine what other application materials you must submit. Each online program might have distinct requirements.
- If your program requires you to take the GRE or GMAT, you must send your official scores to ACU.
- If you are an international student, you might need to meet additional requirements. You can contact ACU to determine what they are.
To ask additional questions about ACU’s admissions process, you can contact the Abilene Christian University admissions office.
How Many Students Are Enrolled at Abilene Christian University?
ACU enrolls 4,544 students from 51 states and territories and 41 nations. A faculty of Christian scholars and professionals teach those students, and 93 percent of the faculty hold the highest degree in their field.
Is Abilene Christian University Accredited?
Yes, Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. They are accredited to award associate, bachelor, masters, and doctorate degrees. Many of their programs are independently accredited as well.
How Can I Find Abilene Christian University Scholarships?
Abilene Christian College may offer several types of scholarships and financial aid.
- Freshman merit scholarships range from $6,500 per year to $15,000 per year. Students must meet high school GPA, class rank, and ACT/SAT test scores requirements. There are several different types of freshman merit scholarships with distinct requirements.
- Transfer merit awards range from $7,000 to $10,000 depending on students’ cumulative GPAs from other schools.
- Departmental scholarships exist for new students and are granted by academic departments. The amounts and requirements vary by department.
- Multicultural scholarships are for new students. Each scholarship within this areas has its own award amount and requirements.
Students might also secure institutional, state, federal, and other grants as well as athletic and other scholarships.