Altierus Career College offers flexible career education to motivated students. Their combination of flexible on-campus and online learning is intended to work for any student, even if they work full time. Altierus Career College offers a range of benefits to support their students’ success.
Representatives could even help incoming students identify what programs might be a good choice for them. Once they enroll, students might study with qualified, experienced instructors in their field. Altierus Career College also offers valuable hands-on experience, both in the classroom and in the field. And once you’re ready to graduate, career services could be there to guide you into a thriving career.
About Altierus Career College
Altierus Career College is a system of online and local campuses across the United States. Each campus may offer a unique combination of programs and services, tailored to meet the needs of that particular community. Altierus Career College is committed to providing students with an interactive, career-focused education. They do this by emphasizing a few specific elements.
- Technology and Teaching Methods: Altierus Career College aims to incorporate technology throughout education. This ranges from fully and partially online courses, to classroom technology. Students might even get hands-on experience with the technology they might use in the field. But it’s not only about the tech. They also value effective instructional methods, to make your classes count.
- A Relevant, Career-Focused Curriculum: Not only does Altierus Career College want to make sure their classes are as effective as possible. They also want to make sure what they teach is relevant to your goals. As such, they review their programs and curriculum regularly to ensure that it aligns with the needs of real employers and professionals in the field.
- Collaboration with Professionals: Altierus Career College enhances the quality of their curriculum by collaborating with experienced professionals in the field. They use their experience to evaluate and make recommendations to improve each program.
- Career Development Support: Altierus Career College's career-focused programs aim to foster career skills and subject-matter expertise. But that effort doesn’t stop at graduation. Altierus makes the effort to continue supporting students even after they graduate and enter the workforce.
Altierus Career College Programs
Altierus Career College may offer both diploma and degree programs. These programs focus a variety of specific, in-demand career paths. Examples could range from medical to business or even vocational programs. Each of these centers around relevant career skills specific to entry-level employment in that field. The specific programs offered may vary by campus location. Program types could include the following.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Electrical Technician/Electrician
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Surgical Technologist
- Computer Information Technology
Individual campuses may offer some or all of the above program types. They may also offer programs not listed here. Programs could be available in Associate Degree and Diploma forms. This could also vary by campus, so be sure to contact Altierus Career College for more details.
Altierus Career College Online Degrees
Altierus Career College knows that not every student’s schedule is the same. In today’s world, many motivated students need to balance a full-time job, home, and their education. They aim to be there to help all students get the education they’re looking for, no matter how hectic their daily schedule is. That’s why Altierus Career College offers several degree programs fully online! You could pursue an associates or bachelors degree in your chosen field, from your own computer, when and where you need it.
Altierus Career College online degree programs at the associate or bachelors level may include the following.
- Computer Information Science
In addition to the above, it’s possible that some campus programs may incorporate some online learning options. Generally, this would be in the form of individual courses offered online in conjunction with ones delivered in the classroom. This is also sometimes referred to as hybrid study. Hybrid learning options may vary by program and location. Reach out to Altierus Career College for more information.
Altierus Career College Locations
Altierus Career College boasts a variety of local campuses, in communities across the United States. Each of these locations is rooted in its surrounding community. The facilities on that campus, the student population, and the types of programs offered may all vary based on the needs of that community. Currently, there are 19 campuses to choose from.
- Houston (Bissonnet)
- Houston (Hobby)
- San Antonio
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Worth
- Orange Park
For more information about a campus near you, and what programs they might offer there, get in touch with the school.
Altierus Career College Admissions
Altierus Career College has an open admissions policy. Altierus admissions professionals are there to guide students through this process. Even if you’re not sure which program matches your skills and interests, or if you want to attend, Altierus Career College could help you find your path. The admissions process usually resembles the following.
- Meet with your admissions representative and have a conversation about your needs and interests.
- Take a tour of your local campus.
- Fill out an application.
- Take a career placement assessment to figure out which programs might be a good fit.
- Complete the financing process.
Altierus Career College Financial Aid
Your education is a valuable investment in your future. Altierus Career College wants to help you make sure it’s a possibility for you and your family. Not only do they participate in a variety of financial assistance programs at the federal and state level. They also provide the education and guidance students might need to understand their options and access them.
Here are some examples of the financial literacy resources that may be offered.
- Q&A and Guidance on Federal Student Loans
- Loan Service Information
- Explanations About Federal Student Loan Repayment
- Information About Reducing and Postponing Payments
Specific resources, including financial assistance, may vary by location. Contact Altierus Career College for more information about what might be available in your area.
Altierus Career College Accreditation
Altierus Career College is accredited on a regional and national level. They are currently nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). They are also currently in the process of becoming nationally accredited by a new organization.
Regional accreditation varies by campus. For more information about the specific accreditations held by your selected campus or program, see the website or get in touch with the school.
Altierus Career College Facts & Figuresi
Want to know a little more about what it’s like to attend Altierus Career College? Below are some quick figures to help you understand a little more. Because they have so many campuses, these stats may not apply across the board. After all, each community is unique.
The numbers below are based on the Tacoma, Washington, campus in Fall 2015. If you want to learn more about this or any other program location, reach out for details.
- The student population skews female. 84% of enrolled students were reported as female.
- 97% of students elected to attend full time, with only 3% part time.
- It’s a diverse campus, with the majority of students in Tacoma identifying as white.
- 45% White
- 14% Black
- 6% Hispanic/Latinx
- 6% Native Hawaiian or other
- 6% Asian
- 8% two or more races
- 14% ethnicity unknown
- 1% American Indian or Alaskan
- Retention for full-time students was 66%, and 50% for part-time students.
- The graduation rate was 68%.
- Most students graduated on time, or close to on time.
- 59% graduated “on time” for their program.
- 68% of students graduated within 150% of the typical completion time.
Why Consider Attending Altierus Career College
Whether you choose to attend a local campus or earn your degree online, you might have a number of reasons to choose Altierus Career College. Here are just a few of the perks of studying at Altierus Career College.
- An Experienced Faculty: Altierus Career College’s instructors may have real-world experience both academically and in your field. And they’re focused on teaching, not on research.
- Focus On Your Career: Each of their programs is designed with a career-trajectory. They emphasize the skills and knowledge you might need in an entry-level position in your field.
- A Supportive Atmosphere: Altierus Career College aims to foster a positive learning community. You might work together with your peers on group projects, interact one-on-one with your instructors, and more.
- Round-the-Clock Support: A variety of student support services may be available on campus. If you’re an online student, you’d have access to 24/7 technical support via a hotline, as well as a student services coordinator.
- Flexible Scheduling: Altierus Career College Online offers flexible classes. While you could opt for accelerated learning, you could also opt to take full-semester online courses. And you could complete those courses on your own schedule, from anywhere. Campus programs may also have flexible scheduling options.
- Career Placement Services: Altierus supports students on their path to the career they want. You might get help writing your resume, practice your interview skills, and even get advice on finding jobs in your area.
Apply to Altierus Career College
Want to learn more about Altierus? To read more online, visit the school website at Altierus.edu. Or fill out the contact form here to get in touch. Then you can schedule your interview, visit a local campus if applicable, or even begin your application!