Gain the skills and credentials to advance into nurse management and leadership roles, while laying the groundwork to pursue future nurse practitioner or advanced practice roles. Complete your courses online, on your schedule.
• Program Highlights: Study public health nursing, population-centered health care in the community, nursing management, chronic care delivery, research guided evidence-based practice, health assessment, and professional leadership.
• Career Opportunities: Nurse case management, staff leadership, registered nursing, public health, patient care coordination, telehealth
• CCNE Accredited: The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Purdue University Global is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.CCNEAccreditation.org).
• Electives: Customize your degree by choosing from the following electives, many of which align to certifications recognized by the Magnet Recognition Program*:
o Holistic Professional Nursing Practice
o Case Management Across the Continuum of Care
o Primary Care in the Ambulatory Setting
o Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing
o Faith Community Nursing
o Transcultural Nursing
• Practice Experiences: Complete clinical practice experiences at a location of your choice where you can apply what you learn in a real-world setting.†
• Choose How You Learn: The ExcelTrack™ option offers a faster and more affordable way to earn your BSN.‡
• Accelerated MSN Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on Purdue Global’s Master of Science in Nursing.§
Program is not available in all states. Contact an Admissions Advisor for details. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Additional certification or licensing may be required to work in certain fields.
* The Magnet Recognition Program® is a registered trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
† Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
‡ ExcelTrack™ is designed to advance your progress based on existing knowledge; however, degree pace and time and cost savings will vary by individual. Students must enroll in a minimum number of credits per term to remain eligible for financial aid. Refer to the Financial Information section of the University Catalog for additional information.
§ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.