The Masters program in Nursing prepares students for advanced specialized practice. The curriculum is population health based Students can choose from the following tracks:
• A Forensic Nursing track prepares nurses to provide health care to a specific population - victims or perpetrators of crime.
• The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) track is part of a national initiative sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. After successful completion, graduates can sit for the CNL certification exam.
• The Nurse Education track is designed for nurses interested in teaching in a school of nursing or an education or staff development setting in a clinical agency.
• The Specialized Population track allows students to choose a population on which to focus. This provides a great range of possibilities for specialization.
• In addition to these offerings, the School of Nursing and the College of Business offer a combined MSN/MBA degree.