Where Is CollegeAmerica?
CollegeAmerica is an accredited college with five campuses located in Arizona and Colorado: Colorado Springs (CO), Denver (CO), Fort Collins (CO), Flagstaff (AZ), and Phoenix (AZ). It offers career-focused degrees to students, with the objective to improve quality of life for its graduates. CollegeAmerica is also affiliated with Independence University, offering fully online degree programs.
CollegeAmerica’s History and Purpose
Established in Denver, CO in 1964, CollegeAmerica focuses on helping students pursue jobs and careers in growing fields. As such, it partners with employers and other businesses to provide field-relevant training, skill-development and real-world experience. Through a series of acquisitions and new branch openings, the school expanded to include multiple campuses in both Arizona and Colorado.
Consistent with its core objective as a career-focused institution, CollegeAmerica’s mission is simple: to help students earn their degrees, graduate, and launch or advance their careers as quickly as possible. To fulfill its mission, the school provides “laser-focused, career-based curriculum and personalized student services tailored to [students’] specific needs.”1 Adds Eric Juhlin, President of CollegeAmerica, “Many people enroll in college degree programs because they know it’s a proven path to a better job making more money. We respect that, and have designed our degree programs specifically for employment, with direction from the employers themselves.”2 That is why CollegeAmerica’s instructors typically have first-hand experience from the real world in the subjects they teach.
CollegeAmerica: A Nonprofit Organization
CollegeAmerica is a nonprofit organization that invests its resources in the programs, technology, and training necessary to help students succeed, both in the classroom and their careers. CollegeAmerica’s President, Eric Juhlin states, “Our mission as a non-profit is to provide the highest quality, career-focused education that we can, and to do everything to take students, give them the education they need in a specific career, work with them as far as employment assistance and career services, have them employed, and really see their life change. That’s what we’re all about.” [iii]
CollegeAmerica: Supporting the Military
To support current and retired members of the military, CollegeAmerica has military affiliations with the Yellow Ribbon Program, Dantes, and MyCAA. These affiliations help provide members of the military with the resources they need to attend school and earn their degrees.
CollegeAmerica Benefits All Students
To help all students achieve their goals, CollegeAmerica provides:
- Degrees designed for employment
- Personalized student services
- Flexible course scheduling
- Employment assistance for grads
Although CollegeAmerica does not guarantee a job, and gaining employment is the graduate’s responsibility, they are committed to providing assistance and preparing students for rewarding careers after graduation.
You know the positive difference a college degree could make in your life, but you may feel that going to college is out of reach. We want to change that! At CollegeAmerica, we have career-focused degree programs that could help you launch a better career, faster. Our Associate’s degree programs are designed to be completed in as few as 19 months and our Bachelor’s programs in just 36 months. We even provide you with a laptop to use in school and keep when you graduate. Whether you’re fresh out of high school or already established in your career, CollegeAmerica provides career-focused degree programs to help you achieve your dreams.
Introducing BlendEd – Classes on Campus and Online
We know you're busy. That's why we're excited to introduce BlendEd. In fact, most of our courses are taught in the BlendEd learning format. For example, meet in class twice each week and the rest is done online. Less time and travel. More flexibility. It is the best of both worlds!
Independence University® – Programs 100% Online
If you think 24/7 online learning might work better with your lifestyle, we’ve got you covered! Our affiliate school, Independence University (IU), offers degree programs that are earned 100% online.
One of IU’s strengths is the level of outstanding support provided to online students. At IU, while you earn your degree online, you’re never alone. Whether you need help finding the right financial aid, improving your grades, or launching your new career after graduation, IU is there for you and will provide support every step of the way.
Your Tools for Success
When it comes to colleges, we know you have a lot to consider. Here’s why one of our colleges may be the right choice for you.
- Accelerated Track:1 You can earn your Associate’s degree in as few as 19 months or your Bachelor’s degree in just 36 months!
- Exceptional Staff Support: Admissions consultants, financial planners, Career Services advisers, instructors, and tutors to help you every step of the way, from application to graduation.
- Financial Aid: Our financial planners are specialists at finding all the grants, scholarships,2 and other financial aid you may qualify for.
- Employment Assistance: We can assist you in your job search after graduation.3
- Accredited: Accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Degrees Available through CollegeAmerica
College of America offers career-focused degrees in three areas: healthcare, business, and technology.* Students can pursue associates or bachelors degrees in all three areas.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Business (AAS)
- Business Management and Accounting, Retail Sales Management emphasis (AAS)
- Business Management and Accounting, Event Planning and Management emphasis (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
- Accounting, Forensic Accounting emphasis (BS)
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Administration, Human Resources emphasis (BS)
- Business Administration, New Media Marketing emphasis (BS)
- Business Administration with a Technology emphasis (BS)
- Computer Technology & Networking (AAS)
- Computer Science, Networking and Information Systems Security emphasis (BS)
- Computer Science, Software and Mobile Applications Development emphasis (BS)
CollegeAmerica is also proud to offer Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees earned fully online through its affiliate, Independence University. Students can pursue online degrees in fields such as Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Graphic Arts, and Web Design.
CollegeAmerica Application and Admissions Process
CollegeAmerica offers a no-hassle admissions process where students are assisted every step of the way. Step-by-step directions for admissions are as follows:
- Call one of the CollegeAmerica campuses below to make an appointment.
- CollegeAmerica Denver
- CollegeAmerica Colorado Springs
- CollegeAmerica Fort Collins
- CollegeAmerica Phoenix
- CollegeAmerica Flagstaff
- Meet with a financial planner
- Meet with an admissions consultant for one-on-one career planning
- Take a campus tour
- Develop a personalized financial plan
- Meet with the Director of Admissions
- Submit an application online (may apply throughout the process)
CollegeAmerica may accept credits from other institutions. Transfer students can speak with an advisor about transferring their credits.
CollegeAmerica Tuition and Fees
CollegeAmerica implements an all-inclusive tuition plan so students don’t have to pay additional, unexpected fees. Tuition includes the following:
- Books and supplies
- Lab supplies
- A new laptop (to use during school and keep after graduation)
- Career services after graduation (to assist in job search; job not guaranteed)
- Refresher courses after graduation
College America also assists students in creating a payment plan and financial options to pay for school. This may include scholarships, grants, and loans. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Prospective students can contact CollegeAmerica directly for more information on tuition costs, and financial assistance and aid.
CollegeAmerica GED Preparation and the Good Neighbor Initiative
Through the “Good Neighbor Initiative,” CollegeAmerica and its family of nonprofit colleges strive to strengthen and empower communities through education. As part of this initiative, CollegeAmerica offers a free GED® test preparation service, which includes learning materials, computerized practice tests, and the cost of the GED® test.5 Since 2009, the service has helped more than 9,400 people pass the GED® test at no cost to them.
In addition to GED® test preparation, CollegeAmerica offers classes and workshops as part of its Good Neighbor Initiative. Classes and workshops may include:
- How to find college scholarships
- How to get college financial aid
- Career planning
Classes and workshops vary by campus. Please note that not all campuses offer GED® preparation. Please check individual campus for availability.
On GradReports, 33 people reviewed CollegeAmerica, collectively giving the school three out of five stars. . Sixteen of the 33 students who reviewed CollegeAmerica on this site gave the school four stars. Eleven reviewers gave the school one star. Thirty percent of the total reviewers recommended the school, and thirty-seven percent said that the degree they earned there improved their careers. [iv]
CollegeAmerica is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The ACCSC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as an accrediting agency.
* Offered fully online by our affiliated institution, Independence University.
1Accelerated degree programs are compared to traditional colleges and universities.
2Grant and scholarship awards are limited and only available to those who qualify. See www.scholarshipca.com for details.
3The college does not guarantee a job. Gaining employment is the graduate's responsibility.
CollegeAmerica admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
[i] collegeamerica.edu/about-us/our-mission | [ii] collegeamerica.edu/about-us/ca-advantage | [iii] collegeamerica.edu/about-us/non-profit | [iv] gradreports.com/colleges/collegeamerica