Everest College offers flexible career education to motivated students. With a combination of flexible on-campus and online learning, they do so in a way that could work for any student, even if they work full time. Everest offers a range of benefits to support their students’ success. They could help incoming students identify what programs might be a good choice for them. Once they enroll, students might study under qualified, experienced instructors in their field. They also offer valuable hands-on experience, both in the classroom and in the field. And once you’re ready to graduate, career services could be there to guide you into a thriving career.
About Everest College
Everest College is a system of online and local campuses across the United States. Each campus may offer a unique combination of programs and services, tailored to meet the needs of that particular community. Everest is committed to providing students with an interactive, career-focused education. They do this by emphasizing a few specific elements.
- Technology and Teaching Methods: Everest aims to incorporate technology throughout education. This ranges from fully and partially online courses, to classroom technology. Students might even get hands-on experience with the technology they might use in the field. But it’s not only about the tech. They also value effective instructional methods, to make your classes count.
- A Relevant, Career-Focused Curriculum: Not only does Everest want to make sure their classes are as effective as possible. They also want to make sure what they teach is relevant to your goals. As such, they review their programs and curriculum regularly to ensure that it aligns with the needs of real employers and professionals in the field.
- Collaboration with Professionals: Everest the quality of their curriculum by collaborating with experienced professionals in the field. They use their experience to evaluate and make recommendations to improve each program.
- Career Development Support: Everest’s career-focused programs aim to foster career skills and subject-matter expertise. But that effort doesn’t stop at graduation. Everest makes the effort to continue supporting students even after they graduate and enter the workforce.
Everest College Programs
Everest College may offer both diploma and degree programs. These programs focus a variety of specific, in-demand career paths. Examples could range from medical to business or even vocational programs. Each of these centers around relevant career skills specific to entry-level employment in that field. The specific programs offered may vary by campus location. Program types could include the following.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Electrical Technician/Electrician
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Surgical Technologist
- Computer Information Technology
Individual campuses may offer some or all of the above program types. They may also offer programs not listed here. Programs could be available in Associate Degree and Diploma forms. This could also vary by campus. Contact Everest for more details.
Everest College Online Degrees
Everest College knows that not every student’s schedule is the same. In today’s world, many motivated students need to balance a full time job, home, and their education. They to be there to help all students get the education they’re looking for, no matter how hectic their daily schedule is. That’s why Everest offers several degree programs fully online! You could pursue an associates or bachelors degree in your chosen field, from your own computer, when and where you need it.
Everest College online degree programs at the associate or bachelors level may include the following.
- Computer Information Science
In addition to the above, it’s possible that some campus programs may incorporate some online learning options. Generally, this would be in the form of individual courses offered online in conjunction with ones delivered in the classroom. This is also sometimes referred to as hybrid study. Hybrid learning options may vary by program and location. Reach out to Everest College for more information.
Everest College Locations
Everest College boasts a variety of local campuses, in communities across the United States. Each of these locations is rooted in its surrounding community. The facilities on that campus, the student population, and the types of programs offered may all vary based on the needs of that community. Campus locations span the United States. Currently, ten states boast one or more campus. For more information about a campus near you, and what programs they might offer there, get in touch with the school.
Everest College Admissions
Everest College has an open admissions policy. Everest admissions professionals to guide students through this process. Even if you’re not sure which program matches your skills and interests, or if you want to attend, Everest College could help you find your path. The admissions process usually resembles the following.
- Meet with your admissions representative and have a conversation about your needs and interests.
- Take a tour of your local campus.
- Fill out an application.
- Take a career placement assessment to figure out which programs might be a good fit.
- Complete the financing process.
Everest College Financial Aid
Your education is a valuable investment in your future. Everest College wants to help you make sure it’s a possibility for you and your family. Not only do they participate in a variety of financial assistance programs at the federal and state level. They also provide the education and guidance students might need to understand their options and access them.
Here are some examples of the financial literacy resources that may be offered.
- Q&A and Guidance on Federal Student Loans
- Loan Servicer Information
- Explanations About Federal Student Loan Repayment
- Information About Reducing and Postponing Payments
Specific resources, including financial assistance, may vary by location. Contact Everest College for more information about what might be available in your area.
Everest College Accreditation
Everest College is accredited on a regional and national level. They are currently nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). They are also currently in the process of becoming nationally accredited by a new organization.
Regional accreditation varies by campus. For more information about the specific accreditations held by your selected campus or program, see the website or get in touch with the school.
Everest Facts & Figuresi
Want to know a little more about what it’s like to attend Everest College? Below are some quick figures to help you understand a little more. Because they have so many campuses, these stats may not apply across the board! After all, each community is unique. The numbers below are based on the Tacoma WA campus in Fall 2015. If you want to learn more about this or another program location, reach out for details.
- The student population skews female. 84% of enrolled students were reported as female.
- 97% of students elected to attend full time, with only 3% part time.
- It’s a diverse campus, with the majority of students in Tacoma identifying as white.
- 45% White
- 14% Black
- 6% Hispanic/Latinx
- 6% Native Hawaiian or other
- 6% Asian
- 8% two or more races
- 14% ethnicity unknown
- 1% American Indian or Alaskan
- Retention for full time students was 66%, and 50% for part-time students.
- The graduation rate was 68%
- Most students graduated on time, or close to on time.
- 59% graduated “on time” for their program
- 68% of students graduated within 150% of the typical completion time.
Why Consider Attending Everest College
Whether you choose to attend a local campus or earn your degree online, you might have a number of reasons to choose Everest College. Here are just a few of the perks of studying at Everest.
- An Experienced Faculty: Everest’s instructors may have real-world experience both academically and in your field. And they’re focused on teaching, not on research.
- Focus On Your Career: Each of Everest’s programs is designed with a career-trajectory. They emphasize the skills and knowledge you might need in an entry-level position in your field.
- A Supportive Atmosphere: Everest aims to foster a positive learning community. You might work together with your peers on group projects, interact one-on-one with your instructors, and more.
- Round the Clock Support: A variety of student support services may be available on campus. IF you’re an online student, you’d have access to 24/7 technical support via a hotline, as well as a student services coordinator.
- Flexible Scheduling: Everest Online offers flexible classes. While you could opt for accelerated learning, you could also opt to take full-semester online courses. And you could complete those courses on your own schedule, from anywhere. Campus programs may also have flexible scheduling options.
- Career Placement Services: Everest supports students on their path to the career they want. You might get help writing your resume, practice your interview skills, and even get advice on finding jobs in your area.
Apply to Everest College
Want to learn more about Everest? To read more online, visit the school website at Everest.edu. Or fill out the contact form here to get in touch. Then you can schedule your interview, visit a local campus if applicable, or even begin your application!