What Georgetown University Online Is Known For
Georgetown University is perennially ranked among the nation’s most elite universities. Founded in 1789, the same year that the U.S. Constitution went into effect, the University is nestled on a hilltop overlooking the Potomac River in the historic, eponymous neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Georgetown University online programs carry on that tradition while offering convenient distance learning options.
As the nation’s oldest Catholic school of higher education, Georgetown has a long, distinguished list of alumni, including former President Bill Clinton, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, and thousands of others who have become CEOs, CFOs, presidents of other countries, senators, governors, ambassadors, and NBA stars.
Unique Opportunities at Georgetown Online
Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies is designed to build upon and expand the knowledge and skills a professional registered nurse has developed during baccalaureate nursing education and practice. As advanced practice nurses, graduates are prepared to improve nursing and health care through expert practice and the advancement of nursing knowledge. Following program completion, students are prepared to sit for national certification exams.
The Nursing®Georgetown uses some of the most advanced Web-based technology in the nation and offers the opportunity to earn a Master of Science in Nursing with specialized training in programs such as:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Midwifery/Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Georgetown University’s Master of Science in Finance (MSF) online program takes today’s best professionals and transforms them into rising leaders in the finance profession. At the program’s core is a world-class curriculum that consists of rigorous coursework, real-world applications, a global outlook, and a commitment to ethical values. Additionally, Georgetown University’s MSF students learn firsthand from a faculty of distinguished scholars and award-winning teachers.
Graduates of Georgetown University’s MSF online program are fully prepared to take their place among rising global financial leaders with knowledge that includes:
- The ability to value stocks, bonds, and derivatives using advanced valuation methods.
- A comprehensive understanding of how to evaluate corporate investment projects.
- An appreciation for the importance of ethical decision-making.
- The ability to construct an efficient portfolio using the latest techniques for estimating expected returns and risks.
- A thorough understanding of how markets work according to the Efficient Market Hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis of Behavioral Finance.
- The ability to blend sophisticated modeling with a global mindset in the management of corporate risks.
Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies is now offering one of its premier master’s degrees online, allowing students to access Georgetown University’s competitive educational offerings from anywhere in the world. The School of Continuing Studies is now accepting applications for the online Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management program, with classes starting in 2015.
Taught by a faculty of technology professionals at the forefront of the industry, this program fuses technology with business, communication, and management best practices to transform skilled professionals into forward-thinking leaders, innovators, and executives.
The Georgetown University online master's in Technology Management features a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum that is designed to build students’ abilities in several core areas, including:
- Leadership development and business innovation
- IT project management and security
- Organizational change through technology deployments
- Ethics as they relate to technology, business, management and law
- Strategic planning with emerging technologies
- Methods of gathering, analyzing and prioritizing business and system requirements
All professional studies programs, including online, support the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) educational mission by offering a wide range of degree programs and applied learning experiences to a broad and inclusive community of students and professionals. In keeping with Georgetown’s Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, SCS educates women and men to be self-reflective, critical thinkers who are committed to serve in greater society.
Why We Love Georgetown University Online Masters Programs
- Georgetown University has a long history of placing undergrad finance students and graduate students concentrating on finance at the top financial firms around the world. Additionally, Georgetown has many alumni who work, for example, at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citibank, UBS, and Bank of America/Merrill Lynch.
- All nursing programs, including online, support Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies' overall goal of preparing morally reflective health care leaders and scholars who strive to improve the health and well-being of all people with sensitivity to cultural differences and issues of justice.
- All business programs, including the online MSF, support the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business mission to develop principled, globally minded leaders to be in service to business and society.