The School of Health Sciences at Harrison College offers you the chance to gain unique skill sets in areas you may have never considered. We are here to support you while you pursue your academic, professional and personal goals.
Our Central Sterile Processing Certificate is a three-quarter program that aims to prepare you for entry-level positions as a central service technician in a health care environment.
As a graduate of the program, you may be qualified for a career as a central service technician in:
• Physician clinics
• Surgical centers
• Nursing homes
As a student in the Central Sterile Processing Certificate program, you will be taught how to:
• Understand many aspects of general science and central sterile processing
• Decontaminate, inspect, assemble, package and sterilize reusable medical instruments and devices in health care facilities
• Exhibit ethical and professional conduct to provide safe, quality service to coworkers for optimal patient care
• Prepare to take the Certified Registered Central Service Technicians exam
• Commit yourself to lifelong learning through professional development to ensure your understanding of current trends in the industry
Successful students in the Central Sterile Processing Certificate program are:
• Dedicated to lifelong learning
• Focused on patient-centered care
• Respectful of health care safety
• Not bothered by repetition
Courses completed in this program count toward credits needed for the Surgical Technology Associate Degree program. Students will be prepared to take the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) exam by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM).