The School of Health Sciences at Harrison College provides you with hands-on experience geared toward helping you solve problems and overcome challenges in your future health care career.
The Health Care Information Technology Associate Degree program teaches you how to collect, maintain and protect digital data and traditional medical records in order to enhance the quality of patient care. Upon graduation, you will be prepared to ensure the integrity and accuracy of medical information and electronic health records. This preparation includes a 60-hour externship, which will give you relevant experience to help your future career.
As a student in the Health Care Information Technology Associate Degree program, you will be taught how to:
• Use software applications for reporting and analyzing quality of patient care
• Ensure complete and accurate documentation in order to support coding assignments for optimal reimbursement
• Act ethically and professionally while functioning as an integral member of the health care team
• Comply with standards, rules and regulations of health care information management
• Prepare to take the professional credentialing exam and demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning through professional development
As a graduate of the Health Care Information Technology Associate Degree program, you may be qualified for a career in:
• Insurance companies
• Clinical practice facilities
• Nursing homes
• Surgical centers
• Therapy centers
Successful students in the Health Care Information Technology Associate Degree program are:
• Dedicated to improving quality in health care