Indiana State University Online
We stand up: For hard work. For solid values. And for you. Indiana State University Online courses.
Blue is pursuit.Indiana State University Online
We’re for providing an environment that is academically challenging while imparting solid values to our graduates. Our approach prepares our students to seize personal and career opportunities in pursuit of their goals. Indiana State was founded in 1865 as Indiana State Normal School and since that time has been striving to provide a high level of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral education. STATE’s Online Education Programs are an extension of this high quality curriculum. Indiana State University online offers over 60 online programs that can be completed entirely online or with minimal on-campus visits.
Blue is family.
We’re for students experiencing learning both in and out of the classroom. Combined with an embedded sense of civic responsibility, we encourage our students to impact their community through hard work and solid values. State’s campus is found in the heart of Terre Haute, Indiana and boasts 435 acres and 72 on campus buildings. Each year more students are finding the value in State’s education, topping enrollment this year at 12,488 students.
Blue is Distinguished.
We’re for quality. Our academic curriculum is constantly reviewed and revised to ensure that our students are prepared with in-demand job skills. Our degrees are rigorous, resume-enhancing Indiana State University degrees. For the fourth straight year, Forbes magazine has included Indiana State on its annual list of America's Top Colleges and Princeton has recognized STATE as one of the Best in the Midwest.
Blue is Affordable.
With our legacy as a leader in keeping college affordable, Indiana State University online classes are worth the investment of your hard-earned money and limited time. Our tuition rates make a high quality Indiana State education affordable. Our students earn and invest in a valuable education that provides a foundation for career success. Approximately 74% of all Indiana State University students receive some form of financial assistance in the form of federal financial aid, loans, and scholarships. The University offers a limited number of scholarships for entering transfer students who will be studying 12 or more credit hours a semester. Deadlines vary. However, to be eligible for most scholarships, students must be admitted to ISU no later than April 1 for the fall semester and meet other eligibility requirements.
Blue is Patriotism.
Indiana State University is an approved veterans benefits institution, and is prepared to offer you the support needed to use the education benefits you have earned. Our student services staff and admissions counselors will help you find out how best to use your previous military education, skills, and interests to achieve your career objectives.
Blue is Flexible.
Most Indiana State Online courses are offered asynchronously, with archived course instruction that students can access to fit their busy schedules. We understand you are busy and time is of the essence when pursuing and completing a degree.
Blue is Your Future.
We’re for giving you the resources you need to succeed once you have your degree. State’s Career Center is available to you even if you never set foot on campus. They offer services such as resume development, interview preparation, career exploration, and job searches. These can be completed via phone, electronically, or in person. You have access to online subscriptions that are available through the Career Center website including job boards, assessment tools, and a virtual mock interview system. Blue has what you need to follow your dream.
We look forward to welcoming you to the family!
What They're Known For
The Indiana State University has been recognized by The Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes as one of the best colleges in the Midwest.
- The ISU School of Nursing, established in 1963 and accredited by the (NLN) National League of Nursing
- School-spirited, hometown traditions—like the Sycamore Tricycle Derby and annual Tandem Bicycle Race. ISU students know how to have fun!
What They're Known For
- ISU offers the only fully online, LPN-to-BSN degree in the country.
- Unlike other nursing schools, ISU doesn’t delay students with a nursing program waiting list to get started.
- No campus visits are required for the LPN/LVN program. Your clinical hour coursework can be completed at a facility in your area, under the supervision of a local preceptor.
- BSN graduates are eligible to apply for the NCLEX-RN exam. So in addition to a bachelor degree, this program may help qualifying students obtain their RN License.
Why We Love ISU
- ISU provides a dedicated “Student Services Concierge” for online students. The Concierge acts as your advocate, and helps you get the answers and attention you need (from financial aid, library staff, tech support, career services, academic departments, and more).
- ISU’s acceptance of college equivalency exams (CLEP®, DSST®, and Excelsior College® and The College Network® Examinations) means qualifying students can now transfer up to 67 credits toward their degree programs.
- ISU offers a perfect balance of the traditional college experience and the growing opportunities presented by distance learning via The College Network®. Even online students can benefit from the university’s proud and strong alumni network, which by the way, includes Larry Bird and Burl Ives!