Distance Learning and Jones International University
Choosing to earn your degree from Jones International University® (JIU®) is more than a smart educational choice. It's a smart career choice.
As the nation's first 100% online, fully accredited university, JIU focuses on the needs of working professionals by using programs developed specifically for online learning that provide the tools to be successful — without disrupting work or family obligations.
JIU's mission is to be an active partner in helping you reach your goals through developing skills immediately applicable to your career advancement. JIU has a strong history with educators affiliated with acclaimed universities such as Harvard, MIT and Oxford who have been instrumental in the development, instruction and assessment of our online curriculum.
JIU's Student Support Counseling Team has been developed to provide students with a personalized experience. Every JIU student is assigned a personal counselor who assists them throughout their degree. Students also have Financial Aid Advisors to help find financial aid options that fit a variety of different needs.
The workplace is becoming more competitive every day. That's why JIU program curriculm is built to meet professional expectations and designed exclusively for online learning success. At JIU, The Gold Standard Online University®, you can become the total professional you aspire to be.
Hallmarks of a JIU Education
- Flexibility: Everything you need to earn a degree is online and accessible 24-hours a day, seven days a week. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet, any standard web browser, and a desire to learn.
- Relevance: Adults learn best when what they study can be applied to what they do. Our students can take what they learn in the classroom and put it to use on their jobs immediately.
- Faculty: JIU students learn from a world-class faculty from leading U.S. and international universities. Content experts from such prestigious institutions as the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, UCLA, and Carnegie Mellon University develop all of JIU's courses specifically for the Internet.
JIU makes every effort to make education an achievable goal for each student:
- Federal Student Aid — Most JIU students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens admitted to a JIU degree program and attending at least half-time may be eligible to receive student loan assistance across the years of their academic programs.
- SLM Financial Loan — May be available to individuals who are U.S. citizens, U.S. national, or permanent residents who have demonstrated credit-worthiness. This program has fast approval processing and high acceptance rates. Funds are disbursed to you via JIU.
- P.L.A.T.O. Loan — May be available to individuals who are U.S. citizens, U.S. national, or permanent residents who have demonstrated credit-worthiness. Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, or even a personal computer, and are disbursed directly to you.
- VA Benefits — Veterans, active servicepersons, reservists, and dependents and survivors of veterans of U.S. Armed Forces may qualify for financial assistance.
- Military — JIU offers a special program for military personnel. If you are a U.S. serviceperson, you may also qualify for the Military Tuition Assistance program.
JIU Launches Accelerated Bachelors to Masters Degree Programs
Motivated business students can earn both their Bachelor's and Master's degree in as little as four years.
Jones International University®(JIU®), the first fully online accredited university and one of the world's leading online educational institutions, recently announced the launch of several new Accelerated Bachelors to Masters degree programs that offer business students the unique opportunity to earn both their bachelor's and master's degree in a consolidated timeframe.
The Accelerated Bachelors to Masters (ABM) degree option is a scarce commodity in the world of adult continuing education, and thus a valued asset in today's competitive business landscape. JIU's ABM degrees allow those who have demonstrated excellence in their studies, the opportunity to turn their commitment to higher-education into a fully accredited master's degree in as little as four years.
The new programs are structured for full-time business students, allowing them to complete their bachelor's degree course work in three years and four months. The student can then complete eight masters degree courses over the next eight months and graduate in four years, fully equipped for the business career of their choice.
JIU is currently offering 13 Accelerated Bachelors to Masters degree programs, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Health Care Management, Information Technology Management and Leadership and Influence.