Our Occupational Associate Degree program in Professional Business Systems prepares you for a career in business, whether that be working for a corporation, startup, or following your own entrepreneurial ambitions.
The Professional Business Systems program gives students the opportunity to build a strong foundation for understanding business operations while also enhancing their skills in communication, digital presentations and business software.
Upon completion of the Professional Business Systems Occupational Associate degree, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the key functions of business, including accounting, economics, management, marketing, and regulations
• Understand the role of human motivation and relationships in an organization
• Show proficiency in effective leadership skills, including communication and problem solving skills
• Identify the basics for starting a business, including legal structure, local and state regulations, and the dilemmas faced by entrepreneurs
• Apply the basic principles of marketing and develop a marketing plan
• Create and edit documents using Microsoft Office, presentation and desktop publishing software
• Create and work with spreadsheets, charts, data and databases
• Perform scholarly research