What They're Known For:
Marist is a competitive liberal arts college, often cited by college ranking lists as a leader in academics and learning technology. This year Marist ranked #17 overall among U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. Marist has a strong record of keeping online students on track. During the last four years, more than 80 percent of new online students stayed enrolled at Marist as opposed to transferring or withdrawing. Some of the big-box online universities don’t retain even half that number.
- Marist’s online Bachelor’s degrees combine general, liberal arts study with broad areas of concentration that can integrate students’ real-life working roles and other forms of experience.
- Thanks to an innovative, online course management system (Sakai), Marist courses and programs are “highly customizable.” Marist coursework is tailored to meet your needs and is measured for learning outcomes.
- If you live in the New York State area, you could benefit from Marist’s hybrid study options (partially online, partially in-class). Marist offers classroom locations at the Poughkeepsie campus and throughout the state. If not, your degree can be completed fully online.
Why we love Marist:
- Marist supports the needs of working adults and parents. The Finish@Marist Program offers a flexible, degree completion option that makes online study even more convenient.
- Certain core credits and elective credits are available through 10-week course options a huge advantage for most online students.
- For a small college, Marist is still very widely known. Famous alumni include Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly and the co-founder of Priceline.com.