If you want to go to college for technical skills, consider attending Meridian College online. A Sarasota, Florida, technical college, it offers undergraduate certificates and associate’s degrees in areas of health and medical services, personal services, and culinary services. The school is a two-year, private for-profit institution.
Meridian College Tuition and Fees
In 2016-2017, full-time undergraduate students paid an estimated $16,900 in tuition and fees for a 48-credit program offered by Meridian (the Medical/Clinical Assistant program, the school’s most popular program). They paid an additional estimated $1,300 for books and supplies. Tuition was the same for both in-state and out-of-state students.i
For less populated Meridian programs, students paid different amounts of estimated tuition and fees:i
- The diagnostic medical sonography/sonographer and ultrasound technician program cost an estimated $38,000 for 104 credit hours
- The cosmetology/cosmetologist program cost an estimated $15,600 for 1200 contact hours
- The dental assistant program cost an estimated $15,400 for 51 credit hours
- The medical insurance/medical biller program cost an estimated $16,900 for 48 credit hours
- The medical office management/administration program cost an estimated $35,200 for 96 credit hours
Students paid additional fees in amounts specific to the Meridian program. Meridian College offers a prepaid tuition plan and a tuition payment plan.i
Meridian College Financial Aid
Ninety-six percent of full-time first-time students at Meridian College received financial aid to attend classes. Eighty-seven percent of those students received grant or scholarship aid and 96 percent took out federal student loans.
Of all students at Meridian College, including students returning after a break or transferring from another school, 81 percent received grant or scholarship aid and 78 percent took out federal student loans.i
Meridian College Enrollment and Admissions
In fall 2016, every one of the school’s 187 students took Meridian courses on a full-time basis. The majority of those students, 61 percent, were age 25 or older. Thirty-nine percent were 24 or younger. All of the students were from in state.i
The application fee for admission to Meridian College was $25 for the 2016-2017 school year.
The school’s classes start 8 times throughout the year, so admissions are rolling. While each program might have distinct admissions requirements, there are some general ones for entrance into the school.
- Pass an entrance exam to prove they have the skills necessary to participate in the program
- Offer proof that they have a high school diploma or GED
- Interview with the school
- Meet other application requirements according to the program
Meridian College Accreditation
Meridian College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and has been since July of 1983.i
Find Meridian College Online Options
Explore our site to see what Meridian College Online programs are right for you!