Why Study at National University?
Since 1971, National University has supported adults who want to be a powerful force for positive change. With a one-course-per-month format, flexible scheduling, and online or on-campus options, our students plan classes around their own lives, balancing work, family and school. And with more than 30,000 active students and more than 150,000 alumni, we know how to help students fit education into their busy lives. It’s why we offer more than 120 graduate and undergraduate degree programs. And it’s why we will continue to innovate and leave a mark on people who will one day leave their mark on the world.
Not For Profit, All For Students
As a private, nonprofit university, we don’t answer to shareholders, we answer to our students. Our nonprofit status allows us to invest in faculty and advanced learning technologies. We give students a personalized experience in a modern setting with small class sizes (17.2) and good faculty-to-student ratios (12:1).
• National University’s 2015–2016 undergraduate tuition is 52% lower than the average private four-year college
Our Students Graduate
Students get the classes they need to graduate on time because we create our course schedules based on student demand. Our students aren’t delayed by impacted classes, so they graduate sooner and get on with their lives.
• National University’s undergraduate completion-to-degree rate is 76.3%3 when you include non-first-time students, indicating that most students who enroll in a degree program do graduate.
Our Students Go On To Successful Careers
National University students don’t just find jobs, they find careers. Our students have 10-year post-attendance earnings that are, on average, $21,459 higher than students from other institutions. That places NU in the 96th percentile for student earnings among all institutes of higher learning in the United States.
• Among California schools that specialize in educating adults, National University students earn 64.3% more 10 years after entering the school. NU student earnings are even better when compared to public and private for-profit institutions.
Committed to Educating Adult Students
• 24/7 Student Concierge Services assists students with any issue at any time
• Student Academic Success Center helps students transition to our accelerated format
• Center of Excellence for Veteran Student Success helps veteran students transitioning to academic life
• Writing and Math Centers help students brush up on basic skills
• Career Services helps students discover a rewarding career
• National University System Library supports students’ educational and research activities