What Ohio University Online is Known For:
Established in 1804, Ohio University was the first university established in Ohio and the ninth oldest public university in the United States, created 11 months after Ohio was admitted into the Union. Committed to diversity in all of its forms, Ohio University’s goal is to serve both neighboring and world- wide communities. They do this by offering distance learning educational opportunities with Ohio University Online, providing access to learning through a variety of highly interactive programs.
Unique Opportunities with Ohio University Online Programs:
Ohio University has provided world-class distance learning programs for more than 100 years, offering flexible distance educational opportunities for students around the world.
- Through Ohio University’s online learning space, eCampus, students can engage with instructors and classmates, as well as pursue professional development opportunities.
- Ohio University developed READI to help students assess how well you may adapt to online learning. The web-based tool tests preferred learning styles, skills such as reading comprehension, and individual attributes such as time management.
- With continuing research efforts encompassing everything from health care to developing environmentally friendly fuels, Ohio University provides opportunities for faculty and students to work together toward a better future.
Why We Love Ohio University Online:
- Ohio University is accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching awarded Ohio University a high- research activity classification.
- Ohio University enjoys a steady position ranked in the top 2 percent of American public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
- Recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the top producers of U.S. Fulbright scholars by type of institution, Ohio University currently has the highest number of recipients in the state as well as the Mid-American Conference in 2011-12.