Distance Learning at Our Lady of the Lake University Online
About OLLU Online
Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio. Founded in 1895 by the Congregation of Divine Providence, we have developed a reputation for our personal teaching style, including personalized attention through Our Lady of the Lake University online courses. In 2012, OLLU was one of only 23 Texas Universities named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
We are a university that helps students develop their full potential in an environment that's encouraging and stimulating.
OLLU's Online Graduate Programs
Our online graduate programs prepare professionals to provide leadership and make scholarly contributions to the advancement of knowledge in their fields, apply the most current information and technology to decision making and problem solving, work collaboratively, productively and ethically in culturally diverse settings, and contribute to the mission of the University by serving the needs of their communities.
OLLU is dedicated and open to the changing needs of our students. Professors bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to each course and are available to help students through personal meetings, e-mail or by phone.
About the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), the online MBA at Our Lady of the Lake University is designed for busy working adults. This program has applications across a wide variety of fields, from health care to construction to nonprofits. For students whose undergraduate degree is not in business, OLLU offers an MBA Boot Camp to give them the required foundational knowledge and skills in just one class. Students have a choice of one of two in-demand specializations in this program:
- Healthcare Management Specialization: This specialization is ideal for students who are already working in healthcare and wish to move into supervisory positions, or for those who desire to transition into the field. Students will learn to apply management techniques and principles to the specific needs of the growing healthcare sector.
- Management Specialization: Students will study vital critical thinking and decision-making skills and timely subjects in the business world, such as Supply Chain Management and Globalization, to gain the high-level outlook of a Leader.
About the Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
OLLU’s Worden School of Social Service, one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious schools of social work, is now offering its acclaimed Master of Social Work degree program entirely online, giving working adults the opportunity to work toward this career-building and service-oriented credential no matter where they reside.
The online MSW from Our Lady of the Lake University is one of only three social work Master’s degree programs in the US that emphasizes service to Hispanic children and families, the fastest-growing demographic community in the nation. With a focus on social work across the life span, the program prepares students for social services leadership and advanced direct practice in a variety of settings and for a variety of clients, from young children to elderly adults (already the single largest group of social service recipients, and growing fast).
- Concentration: The advanced standing MSW program is available to students holding a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from an accredited program and can be completed online in 2 to 2 ½ years.
- Foundation: For those with a Bachelor’s degree in something other than Social Work, the full online MSW program is offered to provide the necessary foundational knowledge and can be completed in 3 to 3 ½ years.
About the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Degree
An Online MSN Made for You
One-on-one support and a convenient practicum make OLLU's online MSN tailored for your busy life. Just as you care for each patient as an individual, Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) treats every online Master's in Nursing student as an individual leader. If you’re a nurse ready to move toward a more rewarding career, OLLU's online MSN can get you there.
OLLU's online MSN offers your choice of two career-building specializations that are in high demand throughout the nursing industry.
- Nurse Administration: For nurses who wish to become managers or healthcare leaders, this concentration focuses on leadership skills, ethics, financial management and more.
- Nurse Education: Learn to teach the next generation of nurses in clinical or academic settings with advanced training in teaching and learning strategies.
About the online RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Keep up with professional standards through a program that emphasizes community, culture and communication.
Now licensed RNs who have their associate’s degree in nursing or diploma can take advantage of this degree-completion program and earn a BSN — online. Our Lady of the Lake University’s online RN to BSN program promotes career mobility and job sustainability, and enhances academic, professional and nursing skills. Take classes full- or part-time, depending on your schedule.
In our online RN to BSN program, you will:
- Gain fundamental nursing knowledge in heath assessment, research and informatics, and community.
- Develop an understanding of providing nursing care to a culturally diverse population
- Practice written skills to heighten your professional profile and ensure safe, state of the art patient care
- Benefit from a flexible fast-track format — you may be able to complete the program in as few as four semesters
About the online Master of Education in School Counseling
Our Lady of the Lake University’s (OLLU) online Master of Education in School Counseling is designed to help students gain the skills needed to be an effective and influential school counselor at the primary and secondary levels. Graduates of the MEd in School Counseling will be ready to meet the needs of today’s diverse student populations and become a leader within their school. Counselors-in-Training at Our Lady of the Lake University gain an advanced understanding of the industry’s best practices through courses such as:
- Guidance and Counseling Services
- Vocational and Aptitude Assessment
- Ethical Issues in Schools
- Multicultural Issues
- Psychological Development
- Counseling Theories: Methods and Techniques
About the Information Systems and Security Master's Degree
OLLU's online cyber security degree is certified by the National Security Agency. It provides you the flexibility to continue working while earning an advanced degree and can be completed in one year. You can live and work anywhere while you prepare to protect organizational information from theft, corruption and natural disaster.
OLLU Provides Additional Training for New Students
If your undergraduate degree is not in a technical area, you can take OLLU's Cyber Security Boot Camp and be ready to move into the master's program in one semester. Boot Camp is an online program that covers five areas:
- Computer Security
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Analysis and Design
- Networking Technology
Successful completion of the Boot Camp meets all the prerequisites for the master's program and saves you time and expense.