What They’re Known For:
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) is a private institution founded in 1829. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as the seventh best Regional University in the North, RIT doesn’t just offer degree programs in science and technology – they also provide courses of study for liberal arts, art and design, and business majors.
RIT’s eight colleges offer more than 80 graduate, part-time and online program options in technical communications, business, engineering & technology, science and mathematics, environmental studies, hospitality and service management, information sciences, and interdisciplinary studies.
- Through their online MBA program, ranked one of the best online business programs by U.S. News and World Report, students can potentially earn an online executive MBA in just 15 months.
- They’re a leader in cooperative education, providing paid career-related work experience for many students. In fact, RIT’s cooperative education program is the fourth-oldest and one of the largest in the world.
- Recognized as a leader in providing accommodations for deaf and hard-of-hearing students, RIT supports more than 1,300 students with special hearing needs.
Why we love Rochester Institute of Technology:
- Giving students “real world” work experience is a major priority. Annually, they place more than 3,500 students in more than 5,500 co-op assignments with nearly 2,000 employers across the United States and around the world.
- Online courses are run on am academic quarter system, enabling students to start their courses sooner.