Bachelor of Science in Accounting
When businesses need to prepare and examine their financial records, they rely on qualified professionals in the accounting field. If you are analytical, detail-oriented, organized, and enjoy working with numbers, accounting could be the right career for you. With South University, you can prepare for entry-level positions in corporate and public accounting by earning your bachelor’s degree in Accounting online, from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
Your online Accounting degree program will start with general education courses that can provide a firm grounding for continued learning and growth throughout your future. From there, our program can allow you to build foundational business competencies in areas like business law, communications, finance, and management. With this knowledge, you can progress to specialized online accounting courses that cover accounting information systems, financial and cost accounting, cost management, federal taxation, internal auditing, and more.
To customize your degree, you can choose electives that align with your interests and that allow you to gain additional skills for your business and accounting career.
Prepare for Your Accounting Career
After completing our online accounting degree program, graduates can:
- Recognize how culture, society, ethics, law, politics, technology, and economic principles provide a context for and affect business leaders and accounting professionals.
- Exhibit expertise in accounting standards, financial statements, auditing functions, budgeting, and taxation.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles and practical skills in entry-level positions.
- Communicate clearly an understanding of and solutions for common business problems.
- Critically analyze business problems to find ways to improve financial performance.
- Determine what information is needed, critically evaluate information, and access and use information ethically, legally, and effectively to accomplish a specific purpose.
Earn a Bachelor’s in Accounting Online on Your Schedule
South University offers you the flexibility and control to access your online courses anytime, day or night, so that you can pursue your bachelor’s degree in Accounting online, whenever it’s most convenient for you. Our experienced, knowledgeable faculty* and staff also make sure that online never means out of touch, supporting you every step of the way as you work to achieve your goals.
Request information to speak to our Admissions team and learn more about South University’s online Accounting degree program today.
*Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
Note: This online program is not available to residents of Alabama, California, DC, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland.