What They're Known For
Southwest Florida College is a private institution offering a wide range of flexible career training programs and placement assistance options to students seeking a career change or looking to advance in their current jobs. The college offers classes at its campuses in Fort Myers, Tampa and Port Charlotte as well as online.
Over 20 career training programs are available at Southwest, including allied health, business, design, education, information technology, legal studies and more.
- A tuition freeze has being placed on all programs, meaning that tuition rates are locked in from the time students enroll at SWFC until they graduate.
- Students have access to thousands of eBooks from the college's online eBook collection.
- Students at Southwest benefit from the school's close collaboration with local employers, giving them hands-on experience through internships and externships and the opportunity to attend on-campus recruiting days and interviews with potential employers.
Why We Love Southwest Florida College
- Southwest Florida College offers generous grants to qualified public service employees, such as police officers, firefighters, rescue personnel and correctional staff, as well as a Community Outreach Grant to students who better their communities through volunteer work.
- They are dedicated to offering students placement assistance so they can successfully pursue careers in high-demand career fields.