A Christian Online University
Spring Arbor University Online is proving to working adults that online learning is not only possible — it's preferable. The secret is it's all about developing an online community that supports one another as they move together toward accomplishing their goal of earning a degree. Spring Arbor University has always made it a priority to provide educational experiences for its wide range of students from traditional undergraduates to working adults. With SAU Online, that tradition continues.
For 135 years, Spring Arbor University has distinguished itself as the place where faith and learning meet. What began as a small elementary and secondary school in the late 1800s has evolved into a liberal arts, Christian university with more than 3,000 enrolled students in both our face-to-face and online educational delivery systems.
- Spring Arbor University is committed to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and affirms the importance of learning grounded in God's Creation and in His uniquely authoritative revelation through Scripture.
- Spring Arbor University is committed to a liberal arts education involving the pursuit of all truth as God's truth, the development of Christian character, and the living integration of faith and learning.
- Spring Arbor University is committed to the value and potential of every human being as created in God's image and thus accountable to Him and responsible for effective, redemptive participation in society and culture.
Distance Learning at Spring Arbor University
Your SAU Online Community
Community is important at Spring Arbor University and is part of our mission. The Spring Arbor University Concept calls for a community of learners distinguished by our lifelong involvement in the study and application of the liberal arts, total commitment to Jesus Christ as our perspective for learning, and critical participation in the contemporary world.
In our online program, we are intentional about building community through collaborative, online educational experiences, including threaded discussion groups, electronic mail and other Web-based interactive media. For many programs, our students work through their foundation courses as a cohort, building relationships that will last throughout the program and throughout a lifetime.
During your first year, you will take the basic core and foundation courses with the same group of students. This allows you to build strong and supportive relationships with your peers. In addition, our academic advising and spiritual development programs are designed to connect you to faculty members who care about you and your long-term success.
Recognized for Academic Excellence
Spring Arbor University has always striven to provide quality educational experiences. SAU was named a top-tier university in the 2011 edition of U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges in the "Midwestern Regional Universities" category of colleges and universities.
In every SAU Online program, students can expect:
- Christ-centered learning. Our faculty and staff approach everything from a Christian perspective and will commit to helping prepare you for your life's work through nurturing both your mind and spirit.
- Innovative curriculum. Our programs are specifically designed for the online learner.
- Latest in online technology. We offer many ways for students to engage in their program — e-mail, chat, discussion boards, live audio-conferencing, a learning management system, iTunesU® and more.
- Experienced instructors. Our faculty members are trained to teach online and are experienced in guiding you through this unique way of learning.
- Close connections. This means from the very first day of class you will have access to an integrated educational system that enables you to connect with your fellow students, instructors and course content.
Spring Arbor University is devoted to helping students who are serving with the military. Many members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to receive benefits from the Veteran Benefits Administration. Qualifying students may be eligible to receive tuition discounts, and other various military benefits. Some qualifying students may be eligible to have their entire tuition and fees covered through the Post-911 G.I. Bill.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.