Where Is Stevens-Henager College?
Stevens-Henager College is an accredited college with eight campuses located in Utah and Idaho:
- Boise, Idaho
- Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Logan, Utah
- Murray (Salt Lake City), Utah
- Nampa, Idaho
- Orem (Provo), Idaho
- St. George, Utah
- West Haven (Ogden), Utah
The college offers career-focused degrees to students, with the objective to improve quality of life for its graduates. Stevens-Henager College is also affiliated with Independence University, offering fully online degree programs.
School Highlights include: 1
- Daytime and evening classes
- On-campus and online instruction8
- Degrees can be earned in as few as 20 months
- New classes start every month
Stevens-Henager History and Purpose
Established in West Haven (Ogden), Utah, in September 1891, Stevens-Henager College focuses on helping students pursue jobs and careers in growing fields. As such, it partners with employers and other businesses to provide field-relevant training, skill development, and real-world experience. Through a series of acquisitions and new branch openings, the school has expanded to include multiple campuses in both Utah and Idaho.
Consistent with its core objective as a career-focused institution, Stevens-Henager’s mission is simple: to help students earn their degrees, graduate, and launch or advance their careers as quickly as possible. To fulfill its mission, the school provides career-based curriculum and personalized student services tailored to students’ specific needs.
According to Eric Juhlin, President of Stevens-Henager College, “Many people enroll in college degree programs because they know it’s a proven path to a better job making more money. We respect that, and we’ve designed our degree programs specifically for employment, with direction from the employers themselves.”1 This is why Stevens-Henager College’s instructors typically have firsthand experience from the real world in the subjects they teach.
Stevens-Henager College: A Nonprofit Organization
Stevens-Henager College is a nonprofit organization that invests its resources in the programs, technology, and training necessary to help students succeed, both in the classroom and their careers.
College President Eric Juhlin, states, “Our mission as a nonprofit is to provide the highest quality career-focused education that we can, and to do everything to give students the education they need in a specific career, work with them as far as employment assistance and career services, have them employed, and really see their lives change. That’s what we’re all about.”3
Stevens-Henager College: Supporting the Military
To support current and retired members of the military, Stevens-Henager College has military affiliations with the Yellow Ribbon Program, Dantes, and MyCAA. These affiliations help provide members of the military with the resources they need to attend school and earn their degrees.
Stevens-Henager College Benefits
To help all students achieve their goals, Stevens-Henager College provides:
- Degrees designed for employment
- Personalized student services
- Flexible course scheduling
- Employment assistance for grads
Although Stevens-Henager does not guarantee a job and gaining employment is the graduate’s responsibility, they are committed to providing assistance and preparing students for rewarding careers after graduation.
You know the positive difference a college degree could make in your life, but you may feel that going to college is out of reach. We want to change that! At Stevens-Henager College, we have career-focused degree programs that could help you launch a career. Associate’s degree programs can be completed in as few as 20 months, and Bachelor’s in as few as 36 months – faster than the typical 2 years and 4 years it takes at some traditional colleges. We even provide you with a laptop to use in school and keep when you graduate. Whether you’re fresh out of high school or already established in your career, Stevens-Henager provides career-focused degree programs to help you achieve your dreams.
Introducing BlendEd – Classes on Campus and Online
We know you're busy. That's why we're excited to introduce BlendEd. In fact, most of our courses are taught in the BlendEd learning format. For example, meet in class twice each week and the rest is done online. Less time and travel, more flexibility. It truly is the best of both worlds!
Independence University – Programs 100% Online
If you think that 24/7 online learning might work better with your lifestyle, we’ve got you covered! Our affiliate school, Independence University (IU), offers degree programs that are earned 100% online. One of IU’s strengths is the level of outstanding support provided to online students. At IU, while you earn your degree online, you’re never alone. Whether you need help finding the right financial aid, getting your grades up, or launching your new career after graduation, IU is there for you and will provide support every step along the way.
Your Tools for Success
When it comes to colleges, we know you have a lot to consider. Here’s why one of our colleges may be the right choice for you.
- Exceptional Staff Support: Admissions consultants, financial planners, Career Services advisers, instructors, and tutors to help you every step of the way, from application to graduation.
- Financial Aid: Our financial planners are specialists at finding all the grants, scholarships,1 and other financial aid that you may qualify for.
- Employment Assistance: We can assist you in your job search before and after graduation.2
- Accredited: Our schools are accredited members of the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Degrees Available through Stevens-Henager
Stevens-Henager offers career-focused degrees in four areas: Healthcare, Business, Technology, and Graphic Arts. Students can pursue Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degrees as follows:4
- Nursing Education (RN)
- Respiratory Therapy (AS) (AAS)
- Health Information Management (BS)
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Healthcare Administration with a Gerontology emphasis (BS)
- Healthcare Administration (MS)
- Business (AAS)
- Business Management & Accounting with an Event Planning and Management emphasis (AAS)
- Business Management & Accounting with a Retail Sales Management emphasis (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
- Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis (BS)
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis (BS)
- Business Administration with a New Media Marketing emphasis (BS)
- Business Administration with a Technology emphasis (BS)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Computer Technology & Networking (AAS)
- Networking and Information Systems Security (BS)
- Software and Mobile Applications Development (BS)
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Information Systems (MS)
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
- Graphic Arts (BS)
- Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis (BS) - Offered fully online by our affiliated institution, Independence University.
Stevens-Henager College Application and Admissions Process
Stevens-Henager College offers a no-hassle admissions process with students assisted every step of the way. Step-by-step directions for admissions are as follows:
- Call one of the convenient Stevens-Henager campuses to make an appointment
- Meet with a financial planner
- Meet with an admissions consultant for one-on-one career planning
- Take a campus tour
- Develop a personalized financial plan
- Meet with the Director of Admissions
- Submit an application online (may apply throughout the process)
Stevens-Henager College may accept credits from other institutions. Transfer students can speak with an advisor about transferring their credits.
Stevens-Henager College Tuition and Fees
Stevens-Henager College implements an all-inclusive tuition plan so students don’t have to pay additional, unexpected fees. Tuition includes the following:
- Access to books
- Lab supplies
- A new laptop (to use during school and keep after graduation)5
- Career services after graduation (to assist in job search; job not guaranteed)
- Refresher courses after graduation
Stevens-Henager also assists students in creating a payment plan and financial options to pay for school. This may include scholarships, grants, and loans. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Prospective students can contact the school directly for more information on tuition costs, financial aid, and other forms of financial assistance.
Stevens-Henager College GED® Preparation and the Good Neighbor Initiative
Through the Good Neighbor Initiative, Stevens-Henager College and its family of nonprofit colleges strive to strengthen and empower communities through education. As part of this initiative, Stevens-Henager College offers a free GED® test preparation service, which includes learning materials, computerized practice tests, and the cost of the GED® test.6 Since 2009, the service has helped more than 9,400 people pass the GED® test at no cost to them.
In addition to GED® test preparation, Stevens-Henager College offers classes and workshops as part of its Good Neighbor Initiative. Classes and workshops may include:
- How to find college scholarships
- How to get college financial aid
- Career planning
Classes and workshops vary by campus. Please note that not all campuses offer GED® test preparation. Please check individual campus for availability.
Stevens-Henager College Reviews
On GradReports.com, 59 people reviewed Stevens-Henager College, collectively giving the school three out of five stars. Nineteen of the 59 students who reviewed Stevens-Henager gave the school four stars. Twenty-four reviewers gave the school one star. Thirty-four percent of total reviewers recommended the school, and 29 percent said the degree they earned at Stevens-Henager College improved their careers.7
Stevens-Henager College Accreditation
Stevens-Henager College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). ACCSC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as an accrediting agency.
- Grant and scholarship awards are limited and only available to those who qualify. See www.scholarshipshc.com for details.
- The college does not guarantee a job. Gaining employment is the graduate's responsibility.