What They're Known For:
Tracing its roots back to 1853, the University of Florida consistently ranks among the top 100 universities globally. With over 50,000 students enrolled annually, UF houses 16 colleges with over 150 research centers and institutes.
UF has the network and resources for superb online learning and places its graduates in front of top-tier employers.
- The largest career fair in the southeast is held on UF’s campus, giving alumni and graduates access to hundreds of employers.
- UF belongs to Coursera, a social entrepreneurship company which partners with an elite group of 60+ universities throughout the world to offer free online courses.
- UF ranked 8th in the number of start-up companies (2011) and boasts a world-recognized array of technology used on massive telescopes to identify new planets.
- With over 100 online programs, UF: Distance Learning offers degrees spanning Communication to Educational Leadership.
Why We Love UF:
- UF is the 17th best public university according to The U.S. News & World Report.
- Job recruiters ranked UF ninth among schools where corporations select their top-tier talent.
- UF boasts top-notch faculty including Pulitzer Prize winners, NASA’s top award for research and the Smithsonian Institute’s conservation award.
- UF is a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization including 62 top public and private institutions in North America.