Manage the Business Side of Information Systems
Today’s information systems are the infrastructure of modern business. The constant stream of emerging technologies, like mobile applications and social media tools, continually change the way we live and work. Today’s information systems managers must have a strong business sense for how these technologies can work to a company’s competitive advantage.
Business-minded IT professionals are increasingly needed to help organizations understand and implement new technologies, develop new applications to meet changing market dynamics, and secure existing systems from cyber threats. In the 21st century digital economy, strong IT leadership is the next wave of business strategy.
If you are looking to back up your technical skills with business knowledge that stands at the forefront, choose the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Master of Science in Management Information Systems online program.This program teaches an innovative curriculum that blends the importance of technology with business strategy. Enroll in a college ranked as one of the best by U.S. News & World Report, and develop real-world management skills relevant to information systems in today’s organizations.
· Web & Mobile Development
· Information Security
· IT Management
Whichever concentration you choose, you will enjoy a convenient, flexible online program designed with future and current IT professionals in mind.
Why Choose UAB?
· Custom Curriculum: Each course is designed with input from a dedicated IS Advisory Council of CIOs to ensure the concepts reflect what is needed in the real world. The courses are solely intended for this program and are not advanced versions of undergrad technology/business courses.
· Longstanding, International Recognition: Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is a true mark of distinction for the world’s top business schools. Not only did UAB earn this honor in a record-breaking 2 years, but it has held this distinction for nearly 30 years. A master’s degree from UAB stands out on your resume.
· Interdisciplinary Faculty: Faculty members come from varied disciplines (health, finance etc.) and bring a broad perspective for how to apply IT in today’s business landscape.
· Professional Networking: Collaboration with experienced IT professionals from diverse backgrounds can enrich your master’s experience and continue after graduation.
· Flexible Learning: Courses are 100% online, and you complete one course at a time.
With UAB’s MS MIS, these are some of the careers you can pursue:
· Chief Intelligence Officer
· Chief Technology Officer
· Chief Security Officer
· IT Manager
· IT Security Manager
· Web Development Manager
· Mobile Development Manager
· IT Project Manager
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), this Master of Science in Management Information Systems program offers a curriculum that can be completed in five semesters, which is just slightly longer than 1.5 years. Coursework includes: information security management, business intelligence, business strategy, social media and virtual communities in business, IT governance and management.
With the UAB MS MIS degree, you can:
· Complete your master’s degree 100% online in less than 2 years
· Enroll in a college ranked as one of the best by U.S. News & World Report
· Learn from internationally renowned faculty
· Network with fellow professionals in the IT field