Define the Bottom Line: Earn an Accounting Degree from UAB
For an institution whose growth as a world-class research university and medical center has no borders, look no further than the University of Alabama Birmingham (UAB). Though UAB's vision is to be the first choice for education and healthcare, it is also highly regarded for its stellar accounting degree programs.
Good accounting is likely essential to the financial health of any business, organization or industry. Accountants must show mathematical acumen, integrity, and attention to detail. For nearly 30 years, UAB has had the distinction of being accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International. As the highest honor an accounting program can receive, it speaks to the caliber of the school's faculty, networking opportunities and personalized education.
Students enrolling into the UAB accounting program will enjoy the flexibility of participating in undergraduate and graduate degree programs either through campus learning, e-learning, or a hybrid curriculum. They have two excellent accounting programs to choose from:
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Provides a solid foundation in conceptual accounting and business knowledge, laying the groundwork for beginning a career as a professional accountant.
- Applies to many fields, including public accounting, private or industrial accounting and governmental accounting.
- Prepares you to take the Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFA) exams
Master of Accounting
- Designed for professionals who have an existing knowledge base in accounting and business.
- Aims to broaden communication, interpersonal, technological and applied research skills.
- Offers a bridge program for students from non-accounting backgrounds who want more formal accounting knowledge without committing to an additional bachelor's degree.
- Prepares you to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam, as well as the Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFA) exams
Both degrees are taught by award-winning, student-focused faculty who bring a wealth of current, real-world professional expertise into the classroom. They offer students undiscriminating focus, dedication and support whether they teach on-campus or log into their online classes, or both. Lastly, students will have the opportunity to attend the annual Meet the Employers event to interact (and acquire valuable post-graduation contacts) with representatives from public accounting and industry.
Whether your goal is to gain knowledge to pursue an entry-level accounting career, or supplement existing experience with advanced study, the University of Alabama at Birmingham's Online Accounting Program offers a flexible, streamlined curriculum and high-quality, practice-oriented experience.