What They’re Known For
UC San Francisco believes that important breakthroughs are achieved at the intersection of the latest research, the best education, and unsurpassed patient care. The institution is dedicated to helping to prepare tomorrow’s leaders in the areas of life sciences, health care, and health policy. UCSF is part of the 10-campus UC system and has been committed to its mission of advancing health worldwide™ for nearly 150 years.
- The prestigious School of Medicine encourages discovery and innovation as students prepare for career paths in private practice, academic medicine, and other goals.
- The School of Nursing offers a Master’s in Nursing, as well as a nursing midwifery program.
- The School of Dentistry offers unique combined DDS-PhD and DDS-MBA programs.
- UCSF partners with leading innovators, such as the San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, to advance public healthcare goals.
Why We Love UCSF:
- The School of Medicine is ranked 4th in the nation according to the 2014 U.S. News and World Report.
- The School of Pharmacy was ranked #1 in the nation for its Doctor of Pharmacy program (PharmD) by U.S. News and World Report.
- With students representing as many as 94 countries, UCSF fosters diversity and a vibrant campus culture.