University of Colorado Denver. Online. On Your Terms.
A Respected Education from a Brick and Mortar University
Whether you're looking for a career boost, a competitive edge or you're just a lifelong learner, your education, and thus your diploma should be respected and worthy of your time and energy.
Founded in 1912, the University of Colorado's downtown Denver campus was established to meet the growing demand for higher education and sought after real-world skills.
In 1996 that maxim was expanded as CU Denver delivered its nationally respected undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs online, thus becoming a front runner in online education.
CU Denver degrees — online.
Today, UCD offers 17 fully accredited undergraduate and graduate degrees that can be completed entirely online, on campus or any mixture of the two. The only difference is that you decide when and where you take your class.
- In addition to the 17 full degrees and 8 certificates, you'll also be able to choose from over 450 online and hybrid courses.
- The credits you receive from your online courses are the exact same as on campus.
- The top notch professors that teach online are the same ones that teach on campus.
How It Works
At CU Denver, your learning and educational experience is always at the forefront. As a student in any of UCD's online degree courses, you will utilize the following to successfully complete your studies:
- Online text and multimedia presentations
- Threaded discussions, chat rooms and e-mail
- Online exams and group projects
Additionally, your online courses carry the same high standards that have earned UCD's reputation for excellence.
What Sets CU Denver Online Apart
Benefits of an online degree from University of Colorado Denver
With online courses from UCD, you can expect:
- Quality: Your online courses are taught by the same instructors who teach the on-campus courses. You'll receive the same content, and be responsible for the same assignments.
- Individualized attention: On average, each online course is limited to of 25 to 30 students max, ensuring personal interaction with your professor and peers.
- Flexibility: Your online program will allow you to manage your own time — ideal for working professionals.
- Networking opportunities: You can easily contact faculty and fellow students, allowing for limitless network opportunities
You will also find a dedicated staff that has enabled thousands of motivated adult learners to achieve their personal and professional dreams.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
More than $30 million in financial assistance is awarded to CU Denver students every year.
Financial Aid can take many forms, including but not limited to:
- Federal Pell Grant — Awarded to eligible undergraduate students with exceptional financial need as demonstrated through the FAFSA.
- National SMART Grant — Awarded to eligible undergraduate students who are enrolled at least half-time in the third or fourth academic year of undergraduate study.
- TEACH Grant — Awarded to eligible students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families.
- CU Promise Program — Awarded to eligible, low-income students.
- CU Denver Need Grant — Awarded to eligible Downtown Campus undergraduate students with documented financial need as demonstrated through the FAFSA.
- CU Denver Scholarship/Resource Office
- Denver Scholarship Foundation