What They’re Known For:
Ranked the #1 environmental law program in the country by U.S. News and World Report 17 times since the ranking began in 1991, Vermont Law School is the pinnacle institution of environmental law studies. Founded in 1972, VLS prepares students to pursue careers in law firms and organizations in government, private, judiciary, and public-interest settings on national and international levels.
- VLS has been top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the “Best Law Schools” category.
- Their Environmental Law Center, founded in 1978, offers the largest graduate environmental law program in the country.
VLS offers four online degree programs that provide education about our world’s increasingly complex environmental issues:
- The online Master of Environmental Law and Policy increases students’ knowledge and understanding of global environmental laws and policies – and equips them to become agents of environmental change and protection, and experts in environmental affairs.
- The online LLM in Environmental Law helps post-JD attorneys specialize in practicing environmental law so they can help shape global environmental law and policy.
- The online Master of Energy Regulation and Law addresses the rapid growth and transformation in the energy sector.
- The online LLM in Energy Law helps post-JD attorneys specialize in law and policy relating to energy use, production, and transmission.
Why we love Vermont Law School:
- VLS utilizes Moodle learning platform for online classes, providing working professionals with the 24/7 access and flexibility they need to complete their courses.
- Their online classes emphasize community-based learning, incorporating tools for collaboration among students and instructors.
- VLS is the clear industry leader in environmental law education.