What They're Known For:
With over 200 fields of study, Washington State University is the state’s oldest and largest land grant university. Not only is WSU home to one of the US’s last remaining Nuclear Research Reactors, but is known for its veterinary school, chemical engineering program and has an award winning creamery.
At its core, WSU values online learning. Professors not only teach the courses – they help design them.
- Online learners have access to a plethora of services and career-advancing opportunities – 24/7 tech support, free online tutoring and writing labs, an online-dedicated student government association (SGA), access to webinars, etc.
- The College of Nursing produces 54 percent of the state’s new family nurse and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners (2010-2011).
- Thomson Reuters ranked WSU plant and animal scientists among the most impactful and productive in the world.
Why We Love WSU:
As a WSU Online student you can expect:
- In 2012, WSU launched the ‘Global Campus’, which brings education beyond geographic boundaries.
- WSU is among the top 60 public universities according to The U.S. News & World Report.
- The university’s faculty includes National Academy members, the highest honor for scientific research in the US.