41 Sponsored Online Programs Available
Business Certificate Programs Online
Online business certificate programs give students a chance to learn the many challenges in the modern business world. This includes how to solve complex problems and develop strategies. It depends on your concentration, but this may also include how to create budgets and how to use marketing strategies.
Online business certificate programs focus on providing you a more complete understanding of the challenges in the modern business world. Through theory and application, they also teach you solutions to those challenges.
Different Online Business Certificate Programs
When you choose to earn an online business certificate, there are a number of different specialties or concentrations that you can pursue. Let's take a look at some of the options in this list.
- Healthcare Administration
- Nonprofit Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Human Resources Management
- Business Administration
- Corporate Finance
- Leadership, Ethics, and Change
- Project Management
It’s key to note that every school is different. Not every one will offer each of these online business certificates. Plus, some schools may offer different options for concentration. Therefore, you need to research each school carefully before you make any decisions about signing up for online business certificate programs.
Did You Know?
According to Forbes, if a Google employee dies, “their surviving spouse or domestic partner will receive a check for 50% of their salary every year for the next decade.”
What Is a Graduate Certificate in Business?
Many certificate programs can be done entirely online, and you don't have to go to a campus. Plus, many only require that you take four to six classes. However, requirements and structure vary among online business certificate programs.
Common Online Business Certificate Admissions Requirements
Admissions requirements for online business certificates vary from school to school. However, most programs ask that you’ve earned a bachelors degree from an accredited school. Some schools also ask that you have kept up a minimum GPA while earning your undergraduate degree. For most schools it is a 2.3 or more on a 4.0 scale.
Online Business Certificates: What You’ll Learn
Depending on which of the many concentrations or specialties you choose, specific lessons and courses will vary. However, all online certificate programs in business strive to build upon the knowledge you gained while you earn your bachelors degree. Another goal of online business certificates is to provide you a more complete understanding of challenges and solutions that face businesses and organizations.
Online Business Certificate Common Courses
The courses you’re most likely to take will vary as it depends on the specific program and specific focus that you choose. However, some of the most common courses you’re likely to take while you earn your online certificate in business includes the following.
- Marketing Strategies: This course aims to teach students how to select a target market, conduct market research, and design product, price, and distribution strategies.
- Human Behavior in Organizations: Classes present students with theories of motivation, communication, leadership, and change in the modern business world.
- Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making: This course looks at the mathematical, probabilistic, and statistical tools that are available to businesses and organizations.
- Leading Strategic Project Management: During this course, students build upon previous knowledge to paint a complete picture of strategic planning.
- Corporate Finance: This course analyzes investments, capital structure, budgeting, and portfolio management from a corporate perspective.
This is only an example of courses you are likely to take while you earn your online business certificate. Every school's program is different. Therefore, these courses may or may not actually be included in every program.
Other Common Online Business Certificate Courses
As most programs require you to pass four to six courses, there are a number of extra courses that you may take. Some of these other courses include the following.
- Entrepreneurial Strategies
- Financial Accounting
- Organizational Strategy
- Strategic Operations Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Leading Change
Keep in mind that these will vary from program to program. Courses also vary depending on the concentration or specialty you choose.
Possible Titles of Business Certificates Online
There truly are a great variety of business-related certificates that you can earn online. Some names of common certificates also include:
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Healthcare Management & Policy
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Nonprofit management
- Graduate Certificate in Health Management & Policy
- Sport Management Certificate in Hospitality
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate
- Accounting Certificate
- Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Operations
Possible Business Careers
After you earn an online business certificate, there are a number of different positions that you may pursue. Let's take a look at some of these positions, and their 2015 median annual salary.
- Human Resources Manager: $104,440i
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Manager: $124,850ii
- Financial Managers: $117,990iii
- Sales Managers: $113,860iv
- Market Research Analysts: $62,150v
Each of these positions requires that candidates have earned a bachelors degree[vi] and a number of years experience.vi Choosing to earn a master’s degree, while not required, may help your chances as well.viii Therefore, earning an online certificate with transferable credits, could give you a head start if you choose to pursue an online masters degree in business.
Take the Next Step!
If you’re looking to enhance your career in business, pursuing an online certificate may be a perfect option for you. These short programs further develop the knowledge you acquired while you earn your bachelors degree. Online business certificate programs also strive to provide you how to apply theories to solve complex business problems. Plus, earning your certificate online provides the freedom and flexibility to do coursework when your busy schedule lets you.
Click on any of the sponsored listings on this page to learn more about each program. You can read program descriptions, required courses, and admissions requirements. Reach out to schools directly to get more information.
[i] bls.gov/ooh/management/human-resources-managers.htm#tab-5 [ii] bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm#tab-5 [iii] bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm#tab-5 [iv] bls.gov/ooh/management/sales-managers.htm#tab-5 [v] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm#tab-5 [vi] bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm#tab-4 [vii] bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm#tab-4 [viii] bls.gov/ooh/management/human-resources-managers.htm#tab-4
Narrow your Search: